Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
My prediction in the summer that we'd rue not getting a striker has come to pass.

Agreed?

I said the same David, we lacked up top big time, I didnt think Tosun would be this bad, but I think Niasse is a joke Striker and DCL lacks the composure needed currently. I made countless posts saying we needed a Striker, as did others.

Marcel was NEVER gonna fix the whole squad in 1 window tho, its totally unrealistic to assume he would be able to right all the wrongs in 6 weeks.

Last edited:

I said the same David, we lacked up top big time, I didnt think Tosun would be this bad, but I think Niasse is a joke Striker and DCL lacks the composure needed currently. I made countless posts saying we needed a Striker, as did others.

Marcel was NEVER gonna fix the whole squad in 1 window tho, its totally unrealistic to assume he would be able to write all the wrongs in 6 weeks.
That's because players weren't shifted out for a fee. It all returns to that. There was no conceivable reason why that position couldn't be addressed, other than finances.

That's because players weren't shifted out for a fee. It all returns to that. There was no conceivable reason why that position couldn't be addressed, other than finances.

You havent grasped the new financial transfer implications...or dont want to take those into account.

I just think the owner didnt want some joker spunking all his money up a wall like the last clown did.

Honestly Dave the players on loan are all worth about 50p, we were never getting any fees for any of them, utter garbo to a man.

I just think the owner didnt want some joker spunking all his money up a wall like the last clown did.

Honestly Dave the players on loan are all worth about 50p, we were never getting any fees for any of them, utter garbo to a man.

Besic, Vlasic, Bolassie, Lookman could have furnished us with cash enough to finance a striker.

Anyway, it cant be addressed until next month. Let's hope Brands has got this fast tracked.

Besic, Vlasic, Bolassie, Lookman could have furnished us with cash enough to finance a striker.

Anyway, it cant be addressed until next month. Let's hope Brands has got this fast tracked.

Sadly Dave nobody offered us money for them, well they did Besic but we couldnt get it done.

I think the fact that we haven’t signed a decent striker since Lukaku probably points to the fact that top strikers are very hard to come by these days (especially for a club of our stature). To suggest that we haven’t been looking is absolutely moronic and throwing money at players and hoping they work out hasn’t exactly done wonders for us in recent times.

We either bide or time and sign the right player or completely luck out and get a Harry Kane style player out of our youth ranks.

Enlighten me?

I tagged you in the summer transfer thread on this.

Basically if a player is signed for £10mil on a 5 year deal, his book value diminishes £2mil a year.

So, lets say that bolasie was signed for £23 mil. Then his book value in summer would have been £13.8mil.

Next summer it will be £9.2mil.

So, if we sold him for £10mil last summer it would represent a loss of £3.8mil on the books, this summer it represents an £800k profit.

The same goes for all of the players...this affects the spending power of the club.

So, we may have been able to offload Bolasie, Schneiderlin etc but that may have negatively affected our spending power a fair bit.

Also, were only allowed a limited wage increase per season (i think £6mil) so keeping these players on the books means that not only do we have potentially greater spending power but also a higher wage ceiling for new players when we do offload them.

Tosun for example we would need to sell at £18.4mil in Jan to breakeven...

Its not like we can just net off transfer fees.

Sadly Dave nobody offered us money for them, well they did Besic but we couldnt get it done.

I think
Besic was £6mil = £5.5mil book value
Bolasie lets say £10mil = -£3.8mil

That would give us about £1.7mil to spend.

Vlasic and Lookman perhaps would take us to under £15mil last summer i think.

Not enough...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back