Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do rate him but spending 300m and still going for 7th place 3 years later isn't good enough

It takes time and money. Look at Liverpool, they've spent nearly £500m in the same amount of time and they've won as much as us.

In fact they've spent £850m since their last trophy. Which is crazy when you think about it.

Especially as they're not even going to win anything this year.

Niasse obviously needs moving on, which will allow a striker to come in.

Schneiderfraud going would be nice too.

Of players still at and training with the team, rather than those already loaned out, pretty strong rumours already Holgate will leave on loan, Dowell linked a few times with a loan move to Rangers.

As you've just said, both Niasse and Schneiderlin would be let go if the right offer came in for either.

Pretty sure the club would sanction a fair few other moves should the right kind of deal be offered and the player wanted it, Jagielka for example.

That's 4-5 players we could easily see leave in January, so the one out one in thing I have zero problem with, it's common sense to avoid constantly bringing players into an already bloated side without getting rid of some of that bloat at same time.

Come the summer I can easily see most of the loans out being sold off or reloaned at least, along with a decent number of the squad who have failed to impress, Tosun etc.

Thus creating space to add.

Niasse
Schneiderlin
Tosun
McCarthy

Those 4 out are most likely i think with Dowell and Holgate given loans.

Cant see us signing more than 2 players though...

Marcel Brands demonstrating that he knows how to fill the role of Director of Football and secure the long term development of a club.

I just don’t get how anyone views his comments today in a negative sense. Why would you continue to pay the wages of a bloated squad and thereby block better players stepping up or coming in?

Marcel Brands demonstrating that he knows how to fill the role of Director of Football and secure the long term development of a club.

I just don’t get how anyone views his comments today in a negative sense. Why would you continue to pay the wages of a bloated squad and thereby block better players stepping up or coming in?

we have players that we've spent £25m on like schneiderlin and bolasie who won't even get on our bench. We have about 8 centre backs over 21, 6/7 centre mids when we only play two and about 8 wingers/wide midfielders. Agree with you, arguably we need a two out one in process instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back