Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have players that we've spent £25m on like schneiderlin and bolasie who won't even get on our bench. We have about 8 centre backs over 21, 6/7 centre mids when we only play two and about 8 wingers/wide midfielders. Agree with you, arguably we need a two out one in process instead.
Yeah, not addressing it that way and continuing to splurge is Leeds United stuff of legend.

This is why we don't deserve nice things.

Not at all. Im not blaming Brands here. Hes clearly been told by Moshiri theres no money unless what you get back from sales.

For a club on the brink of success its not the time to be drawing the purse strings.

Clearly i might be biased somewhat as i dont trust Moshiri one bit.

I think that may well be the case.

Ive never made a secret of it. And im certainly not the only one here either,.

As for Brands, hes working with his hands tied behind his back. Which will have a knockon effect to Silva too. SIlva has proved just as shrewed as Brands by signing Richarlison. Twice.

Its a difficult position, with the amount of deadwood within the squad and out on loan.

The club is caught somewhat between the business interest in maximising revenue from fees, and the football interest in trimming the squad.

I think its clear that we have taken a big hit with a lot of failed signings, and will probably have to continue to do so short-term to get players off the books.

Having a bloated squad is bad for morale and doesn't make any sense.

Not at all. Im not blaming Brands here. Hes clearly been told by Moshiri theres no money unless what you get back from sales.

For a club on the brink of success its not the time to be drawing the purse strings.

Clearly i might be biased somewhat as i dont trust Moshiri one bit.

I haven't read it that way. The way I have read it is we are not to increase an already bloated squad and now it is time to get one out to get one in and even stretch to 2 out 1 in. Doesn't mean we are skint as it doesn't state that anywhere. Also if one went out for 10 million I wouldn't say we would only spend 10 million. It is all about squad reduction and fill it with better players.

Interesting that the part about helping realize the long term ambitions of the young players, can be interpreted in a few different ways depending your slant and depending the player.

Clear path to the Everton first team when we bring in younger players for decent fees?

Continue improving the side so the best young players see a side improving as they do to hopefully one day be able to meet their goals at the club, like Richarlison etc.?

Clear path of development into the side from the academy into first team?

Not holding onto young players who dont make the grade until they are 24 but Instead allowing them to move on when it looks evident they won't make it to the first team, avoids the likes of browning gatbutt etc getting to 24 whilst hardly ever playing a game.

Could mean all, some or none of this.

I think that was an important statement. I personally read it as more as the latter. That for many of the young players we have they may need to move on to get opportunities.

As for Brands, hes working with his hands tied behind his back. Which will have a knockon effect to Silva too. SIlva has proved just as shrewed as Brands by signing Richarlison. Twice.

And was given 35mil plus by Moshiri to bring him here when everybody thought he was massively overpriced.

Hand tied behind his back though?

So Brands, who went to Barca, signed 2 players and loaned another 1, broke our transfer record in the summer and managed to sign Bernard on a free, despite the fact that we didnt have European football to "attract" him, is working with his hands tied behind his back?

Excuse me while I LOL in your general direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back