• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

The poll is flawed as, barring a 10,000 - 1 shot that we win both games and Arsenal lose both theirs, we're looking at fifth TOPS. With that in mind, I vote lose.

God this is difficult.

1. I want Everton to win on Saturday.
2. Should Everton win on Saturday I have no doubt whatsoever that the RS will win the league.
3. I do not want the RS to win the league.

It's horrible, like some self perpetuating paradox. I am holding two completely opposing points of view simultaneously.

What's worse though - that few have mentioned -

What if there's a draw? A sucky-arse, miserable, sour faced ciggie-butt of a draw. That will gift the RS the league and do us little good either. At least with the game having a winner, it's a sort of win-win for us.

So my standpoint must be, anything but a draw.

Or the RS winning the league.

Oh, FFS.

The poll is flawed as, barring a 10,000 - 1 shot that we win both games and Arsenal lose both theirs, we're looking at fifth TOPS. With that in mind, I vote lose.

It was made well before now, when we had a chance of fourth.

Now we haven't, the results have swung from around 12-13% to 23%.

Just got asked by one of the plastic gobshites at work: "So are you gonna do us a favour on Saturday or are you gonna be small time and lose?"

Took great pleasure in reminding him we certainly do owe them something for what they've done for us since the 80's and expressing my admiration of Gerard's title-winning form - in favour of Chelsea and City.

If City win the title it's going to hurt them like hell for years - and I love it!

I wanted us to win I genuinely wanted the points more than caring about who won the title. Then you hear that lot in the workplace: 'we might let them sit at the bottom of our open top bus to say thankyou' 'we'll have a banner up next season to remind them they helped us to number 19' 'we'll let you come and see a real life trophy in oyr cabinet' 'well they're never going to win anything so they should be helping us to the title for the good of the city'.

I genuinely think theyve been the best team this year, but for their classless, smug, self entitled, patronising, 'look at me', fanbase I say lets have a good 5-0 battering on Saturday with Alcaraz teeing them up for Aguero to slot past Robles. I can live with one week of Evertonian guilt if it deprives that deluded lot from a lifelong dream for another year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back