• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically, West Brom are now safe and won't be that determined to prevent Arsenal a routine win.

Like I say, I'm not expecting it, but stranger things have happened. Just because they're safe doesn't mean they can't get a result. Many of their players will be playing for their future with a new(ish) manager heading into the summer window.

I take your point but in reality you're talking about WBA having to leave the Emirates with at least a point and then assuming they did, Arsenal going to Norwich knowing they needed something to secure 4th and failing. They're back on form now, they'll waltz it. We blew it at home to Palace.

Imagine how bad it would be if we did beat City and as expected Arsenal then beat WBA on Sunday....so we'd have gained knack all and handed the kopites the title initiative back, after watching them so beautifully spew it last Sunday?

Yes, I agree it's unlikely. Like I say, I'm not expecting us to.

As for the rs, I think a few people are blurring reality. The manager and the players will want to win the game. What the fans want won't affect the result. What the players do on the pitch will. It's out of our hands mate, so I'm just gonna relax and watch things unfold.

As for the rs, I think a few people are blurring reality. The manager and the players will want to win the game. What the fans want won't affect the result. What the players do on the pitch will. It's out of our hands mate, so I'm just gonna relax and watch things unfold.

Nah mate, the players aren't immune to the atmosphere and they'll be fully aware of the fans feelings on the matter. If that unwittingly saps them of 1% of their performance levels then against a side like City, it'll be curtains assuming City play to their max ability.

Let's be right, if City turn up and play as they can at their peak, they'll beat us anyway.

Nah mate, the players aren't immune to the atmosphere and they'll be fully aware of the fans feelings on the matter. If that unwittingly saps them of 1% of their performance levels then against a side like City, it'll be curtains assuming City play to their max ability.

Let's be right, if City turn up and play as they can at their peak, they'll beat us anyway.

Maybe. Was reading earlier that Citeh, beat Leeds 4-1 when Utd were needing them to win. Also, going back to the kopites, their fans wanted them to lose to Blackburn, but they won. They still got to celebrate though because of that performance by the W Ham keeper (forget his name.)

As for the current City team, you can bet your bottom dollar that they wouldn't have wanted their biggest game of the season and potential title decider being at Goodison. They will defo be hoping we don't perform.

Maybe. Was reading earlier that Citeh, beat Leeds 4-1 when Utd were needing them to win. Also, going back to the kopites, their fans wanted them to lose to Blackburn, but they won. They still got to celebrate though because of that performance by the W Ham keeper (forget his name.)

As for the current City team, you can bet your bottom dollar that they wouldn't have wanted their biggest game of the season and potential title decider being at Goodison. They will defo be hoping we don't perform.
I'm really not feeling confident about going to Goodison this weekend (Not that I ever really do). This whole circus around should we try or not is going to put pressure on Martinez and your team to put in a decent performance or risk eing fined by the FA. If we beat you on the weekend now all the Liverpool loving media will be slaughtering us as cheats and being gifted the title by your lot.

I think we have good enough players to beat you, especially when they are all motivated to win the league. Our big game players like Yaya, Aguero & Kompany will all be well up for it. But I just sense everyone will be leaving the game thinking Liverpool will win the league again. Hope I'm wrong, one thing for sure is it's going to be a massively emotional/passionate game for all the neutrals and another is I'll probably be bald by the end!

City fans better not resort to any anti scouse songs on Sat, or they will crank up the atmosphere and might work against them.

What I mean Is if they win the league then they have been the best team this season. But on paper they are not the best team in the league because if city Chelsea and United had gotten their act together they would be the top 3.

Remember the same United team won he league last year and the only reason why they aren't up there is moyes. Chelsea have no clinical striker and city drop needless points half the time.

They won't win the league next season mark my words.
I knew what you meant really so maybe should have included a smiley.

I think that the flaw in your argument is 'If they win then the best team will win the league'.

Just because a team wins it doesn't mean that they are the best team. It just means that they won.

There are many ways to measure 'better'. Chelsea have taken 16 points from the 18 points available against the other top 4 teams. Liverpool have taken 6. Does that make Chelsea better?

Disclaimer: I am not expressing an opinion about who is the better team.

I'm really not feeling confident about going to Goodison this weekend (Not that I ever really do). This whole circus around should we try or not is going to put pressure on Martinez and your team to put in a decent performance or risk eing fined by the FA. If we beat you on the weekend now all the Liverpool loving media will be slaughtering us as cheats and being gifted the title by your lot.

I think we have good enough players to beat you, especially when they are all motivated to win the league. Our big game players like Yaya, Aguero & Kompany will all be well up for it. But I just sense everyone will be leaving the game thinking Liverpool will win the league again. Hope I'm wrong, one thing for sure is it's going to be a massively emotional/passionate game for all the neutrals and another is I'll probably be bald by the end!

One of your big game players, namely Kompany, caused this dilemma in the first place. Big game, my backside.

We layed the groundwork in the Southampton game mate, we scored 2 cracking own goals to make the FA and refs believe that is the norm for us, now when Jags returns and slots beautifully past Howard they wont even give it a second thought and we're both in the clear.

everton first, should be for everyone

Some utter bells need to take a long hard look at themselves.

You are (aparently) Everton fans and wanting naything except an EVerton win under any circumstances makes you sad, bitter and pointless beyond belief

At the expense of results for Everton? It's absolutely fecking disgraceful.

Arsed who wins the League i just want Everton to finish in the best possible position. I support Everton.

Interesting to read the first 2 pages of this thread. In the face of opinion swinging to the dark side, do yous still stand by what you wrote?

70 posts more max.

Doesn't matter because City will beat Liverpool.

:pint2:

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back