• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't get over how many blues want a City win on Saturday. You've got serious mind things going on if you'd rather see us lose just to spite our neighbours.

Yes, they'll be insufferable if they win the league. But they're going to be insufferable regardless. They are 'back' as far as they are concerned. There will be talk of them doing the treble all summer long.

that poll is from a few weeks ago when we still had a sniff of 4th, i think if the poll was done now it'd be very different

So, my initial inclination (about the posts in this huge thread) are right, you'd rather see Liverpool's demise than Everton glory.

I'll decided once and for all what I want about ten minutes before the match. If Tottenham and United balls up, and fifth is secure, then my feelings will be different. But right now, I hope we win as fifth is very important.

In saying that, I remember the home City match last year, a week after the Wigan FA Cup debacle, and I went into that game not in the least bit arsed as Moyes and Neville had sucked the life out of me the week before. It only took about twenty minutes for me to be screaming and carrying on like I usually do.

When Everton start playing, I generally can't help myself. I want them to snot everyone and everything.

I was/am exactly the same. My feeling vs Man City last season where 'what's the point' then Osman scored a beauty and Seamus Coleman had Tevez in his back pocket and I could only think of Carlito's Way... "Everytime I think I'm out, you keep pulling me back in!"

I celebrated wildly at the final whistle.

We are Evertonians no matter what.

I can't get over how many blues want a City win on Saturday. You've got serious mind things going on if you'd rather see us lose just to spite our neighbours.

Yes, they'll be insufferable if they win the league. But they're going to be insufferable regardless. They are 'back' as far as they are concerned. There will be talk of them doing the treble all summer long.

They will be a million times more insufferable as champions, make no mistake.

Winning a game of football as opposed to losing one is.

This particular game is all or nothing for one side.. and just nothing for another. Would you call winning a friendly "glory"?

We have no obligation to give everything in this game, & you just can't argue that! It's Citys to lose mate and thats that!!

I was/am exactly the same. My feeling vs Man City last season where 'what's the point' then Osman scored a beauty and Seamus Coleman had Tevez in his back pocket and I could only think of Carlito's Way... "Everytime I think I'm out, you keep pulling me back in!"

That was the Godfather

but clearly not film buffs

5th isn't glory.
Your right but it's something like 1.8 mil more then 7th. As well as a extra few mil for Europa league.

End of the day we go out to win every game no matter who it is, unlike Hull who lost to Arsenal on purpose or Newcastle.
Liverpool still have to beat Palace away and City need to win there other 2 games. We arnt deciding the title 1 way or another.

This particular game is all or nothing for one side.. and just nothing for another. Would you call winning a friendly "glory"?

We have no obligation to give everything in this game, & you just can't argue that! It's Citys to lose mate and thats that!!

To be fair I thought this particular friendly was quite glorious

I just think them lot will be the worst champions in premier league history.

If they win it then they have been the best team this season i am not disputing that. However City just seem to be so indecisive and drop needless points against teams they should really be beating with ease. Chelsea just havent got a decent striker which is amazing considering their thing for buying players when they feel like it (Saleh + matic for example).

If they win then the best team will win the league, but they aren't the best team. They certainly won't win it next year and it will be a one off ala blackburn but i just dont think they have the best 11 players, only 2 and a good captain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back