• Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprise_kiss_aww.gif

7r62u.gif

I'm not coming back to this thread, lads...it's too far-out for me.

But maybe the rest of yous can steer it in this direction, away from the individual lad behind the post, and more to considering the remaining fixtures:

- Man City win, but still have to win their final two games too. Is that really that much of a given?
- Man City lose, Arsenal lose. 4th back on? How would yous feel about that?
- Man City draw, RS lose...the various permutations are still almost endless.

Just maybe consider all this before deciding not to cheer on the Royal Blue Jersey on Saturday.

Bye lids :cheers:

EDIT: remember the debate is about who you are supporting on the day, not how arsed you'll feel if we do get beat. Obviously we'll all feel a little less arsed than usual.

Anyway you can change the word thread in the first sentence to forum

Lads this should be a site for serious debate with honest views e.g. mine is that a City win will make my weekend. After my time growing up when LFC won literally everything, facing their graceless bell end fans every Monday, I can't see any other rational outcome.

But knowing that this is a subject with the potential to cause controversy and divide the fans, I've studied this thread to see if any posters would basically haunt it to see what sort of mischief could be caused. And he's not disappointed.

Look, it's very VERY simple.

Spurs and United both play before us on Saturday, and both of these games will have a bearing on our final league position. Why don't we ALL stop arguing in this thread until those two results come in? If they go our way, then I for one will abandon my "faux moral high-ground". Because it's not a moral high-ground at all, it's wanting the best result possible for EFC: losses for Spurs and United achieve that aim for EFC.

And I presume EVERYONE will be supporting West Ham and Sunderland?

This nails it for me - we are going round in circles which is understandable but Tree 13 is right - lets see what happens earlier before we either slit our wrists or be made up with good results in those 2 games - I will not cheer City or any goal they score but if we do lose - and given our injuries and Barry not playing this is a possibility - a part of me will be feckin' made up ....COYB

My ideal scenario is that we beat City so they can celebrate only for Palace to turn them over.

Palace are going for a top half finish and a chance to finish above Stoke. Pulis isn't going to let them slip up now.

I love these words. I love looking at these words. These words have spiritual and healing powers, unlike the words of last August which included "less" "than" "Derby" "lowest" "points" "total" "ever". Not necessarily in that order......but usually.
Rest easy boys, we'll do these. *signs Neymar on loan quickly*

you just know it will be a draw which doesn't guarantee us 5th and probably hands that lot the title at the same time, get your money on 1-1/2-2

I've finally decided as long as we get Europe I really am not bothered about losing this one - started the week not really entertaining the idea but the more I read on twitter, the radio etc (the patronising twaddle about 'we'd happily do you a favour', and seeing youtube footage of that ridiculous pre-match victory parade ) it'd be hilarious to take it away from them

As has been stated the preferable situation would be spurs lose or United draw on Saturday so we can just enjoy the day/lap of honour knowing we're off to Europe, glad those games are on first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back