• Lose - I'd rather 5th than see the kopites win it

Votes: 194 25.6%
  • Win - 4th is too important to us

Votes: 565 74.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't be completely shocked if Sunderland took a point against Man Utd on Saturday. If we do manage to win on Saturday then I will be annoyed about the Palace and Southampton results more than anything else.

Then you don't "get" what supporting a football team...any football team..is all about.

Honestly, you are the one who don't get it. You care another team's fortune more than Everton's. You care whether RS get the title more than Everton making Europa.

Some of you just take things for granted. We can't beat Crystal Palace at home, we can't beat Soton away two days ago. What makes you think we can give 3 points to Citch as a gift then will win Hull away easily, knowing that we now have 9 or 10 injured first team players. Don't tell me because Hull have a final to play a few days later, I will laugh.

1-1.......last minute........Ross turns and thunders a 40 yarder past T How into the top corner......lifts shirt to reveal a tshirt with "koff kopites" on it......Gwladys St erupts into a celebratory Poznan.

incredible scenes.

Honestly, you are the one who don't get it. You care another team's fortune more than Everton's. You care whether RS get the title more than Everton making Europa.

Some of you just take things for granted. We can't beat Crystal Palace at home, we can't beat Soton away two days ago. What makes you think we can give 3 points to Citch as a gift then will win Hull away easily, knowing that we now have 9 or 10 injured first team players. Don't tell me because Hull have a final to play a few days later, I will laugh.
but Martinez is rubbish.

you called it from.day one

I just wanna know now one way or the other and get it over with.

Then look forward to the summer, days on the beach and look forward to the World Cup before we do it all over again in August.

Nah, I want to experience a week that is knee-deep in "merseyside united" platitudes, how us poor clubs should take on the evil Mancs, and dark threats about bans from Europe / lawsuits / protest marches / unkind banners for fielding a weakened side.

Can I just ask if any of theose wanting us to beat City and ignore that lot over the park are of the younger generation and/or out-of-towners?

This isn't a cheap jibe at either of those 2 groups - it's just I'm inquisitive. My wish to see that lot pipped to the title at all costs is borne from years suffering from school yards onwards. Am I alone in never wanting to have to endure the nonsene from that band of cultish meffs again? It genuinely is unbearable, and having endured it already in my life I never want it to happen again. Ever.

It's purely to avoid a repeat of those horrible days of the past that wants me to lose to City and hope they witn their last 2 remaining games to keep Gerrard's horrible mitts off the pot.

Went to school on the Wirral and the first (last) thing I remember us winning is the 1995 FA Cup. Bad kopite gloryhunter was still the default setting in the schoolyard - possibly because of their jarg treble in 2001. Family are all blues, and I've never worked in town so I'm insulated to an extent, but local radio has always been kopite to the point of delusion - even when we've finished above them - and the Monday morning after a Derby was always an endless parade of muppets who'd never been a game, much less knew who'd taken part besides Michael Owen or Robbie Fowler.

They were unbearable when they had their treble, unbearable in 2005, and they'll be unbearable this year whether they win it or not because they've already decided they're going to. Would rather a year of them dancing about how they won it than a year of bitter we were robbed nonsense, tbh.

You are entitled to your opinion but please try to refrain from patronising those of us who think differently, mainly because we would have to live with the full horror of the buggers winning the league.

We know what it means to "support" our team.

Thank you.

I'm not trying to be patronising, or say that my opinon is more right than others.

I would have to live with the horror of it too!

I'm just dissapointed that so many blues would even consider wanting to lose to Man City. Especially since losing could mean slipping from nearly qualifying for CL to potentially slipping as far as 7th.

What you having for your tea mate?

Just to put it into context

Arsenal will probably beat Newcastle tonight. In my head at least 4th is proper shafted anyway.

Everton play: City and Hull

Spurs play: West Ham and Villa

United play: Sunderland, Hull and Saints

It's not too inconceivable that we could finish 7th. But I do concede that's being majorly negative.

I believe if your names on the Trophy, you will it regardless what others do. Example, In Jan 1995 I bought the Sun newspaper on the day of the 3rd Round of the FA Cup, and it said that a Team in Royal Blue would win the FA Cup. We won the cup that year and we played Both Newcastle and Man Utd in that Cup run - who were trying to win the title, as well as Spurs. So if they are meant to win they will (if not they will not) - regardless what we do against City.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back