Everton/Fiorentina UEFA Cup Clash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bienvenuto Leon. Hope you enjoy the experience at Goodison, our 'Vecchia Signora', this is what our stadium is called. This is certainly our biggest match in Europe for a long time. Also hope we see your team in the Champions' League next season. Ciao:)

Hello Guys,

I am a Fiorentina supporter...
I reckon playing with you will be really a great experience for our team...and, at the same time, I think it will be a close game...
I live in the UK and I have seen Everton playing lots of time this season. I have to say you are one of the team that I like the most...
Fiorentina is quite a young team...not a big international experience, but last 3 years we didn't do bad in Serie A. I will be at Goodison on the 12th or 13th... I hope it will be a friendly atmosphere and a great day of football...

I hope you will find the same welcoming in my city on the 6th.

I went to Trondheim to watch Rosenborg-Fiorentina, and on the flight from London to Oslo I met a lot of Everton Supporters... Since I was wearing my Fiorentina jumper and scarf I had a chat with some of them...and I was really pleased with that...

I will follow this forum from now on. See you soon.
Come on Everton tomorrow...!!!

Ciao,

Leon

PS. You won't believe that, but Kroldrup is doing really really well this year...we don't believe that ourself...!!! :D:D

I think it will be a big test for Everton, you could say we have a few more players with European experience - Yakubu, Pienaar, Arteta, Fernandes, and Neville, who unfortunately for us is one of our weaker players!
I know Firenze is a beautiful city and Italians nice people, but should our fans travelling to the away game be worried about the Fiorentina ultras?

I think it will be a big test for Everton, you could say we have a few more players with European experience - Yakubu, Pienaar, Arteta, Fernandes, and Neville, who unfortunately for us is one of our weaker players!
I know Firenze is a beautiful city and Italians nice people, but should our fans travelling to the away game be worried about the Fiorentina ultras?

I'd say there will not be big problems in Florence... Usually it is a quite city, and very rarely we have had problems for fight recently... Sure, some stupid people are everywhere...but I really hope nothing will happen.
I hope at the same time that Everton supporters will not cause problems in the city center the in the day...
Fiornetina fans are not Rome fans anyhow... do not worry! :D

Hey Blues,

i wish you all the best for this match. I´m sure you´re going to mash em down.
Somehow i have the feeling that we´ll meet again in Germany later this Uefa cup season since the´re are 4 German teams left.

surely the club could have got more tickets for this game as fiorentina only got 22,000 for the rosenborg game, theyre supposed to be expecting 35,000 for our visit in a stadium that holds almost 50,000, and with a limited number of flights available from uk i'm sure that they could have got an amount that would have given everyone who is willing to pay the cost of getting over there the chance to buy a ticket from them, that way no-one would have to get a ticket for the home sections. i want to go but also want to keep the cost down if poss. after all there are 2 other away legs before we invade manchester for the final. they say they have got in excess of 2000 how many does the away end hold ?

Good tho Fiorentina undoubtedly are (4th in Serie A) I don't see any reason to fear them to the extremes that others have suggested. We are good, consistently so, hopefully with enough weapons in our armoury to see them off. I agree Italian sides are well coached and can keep the ball a lot better than some of the sides we've faced so far, but I think we can get through this - something like 1-1 away, 1-0 home - but in any event a win of any margin will be great.

Get behind the lads and it should be a good night on March 13th.

TD

I think that we will do them over there, I really do.

As long as Aj and Yak are fit, Arteta, Cahill, Pienaar Carsley in the middle, and DM plays 442, they i dont think they will have the power in midfield to run the show, or the speed to stop the front 2.

At the back should sort its self out with Lescott @ LB, Jags & yobo in the middle and phil nev @ RB, Cannot wait for the 6th,

Also my little girls 1st birthday on the day, so unable to travel over really. (n)(n)(n)

Women! tut

my 40th the day after, so i REALLY want to go, just 'avin a mare trying to get a ticket, sorted a flight but cant find a ticket..... got a spare for brann away if anyone wants a swap. it seems fiorentina stop selling tickets on 27th, maybe one of our foreign visitors can confirm if this is the case or maybe post a link to somewhere where we can buy online. you could easily cover the cost of coming to goodison guys if you fancy buying a fistfull of tickets, they're cheap over there too, some are only 10 euro's.

Cheating MUTU Chelski handballing SCUMBAG

Reports on the fiorentina website suggest that Mutu's injury could potentially be damage to the medial ligaments which is just about enough to keep him out of both legs..they will diagnose and confirm how long out he has today!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D(y):lol:(y):P(y):blink:

Per

Kroldrup cant kick a ball, I understand this should be a tough game but from what i have seen of these puffs in purple we should be n the last 8 of this cup minimum

I think the reference to the 27th on their site is the date where it is restricted to season ticket holders (although I could easily be wrong!) similar to the way that we do.

Reports on the fiorentina website suggest that Mutu's injury could potentially be damage to the medial ligaments which is just about enough to keep him out of both legs..they will diagnose and confirm how long out he has today!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D(y):lol:(y):P(y):blink:

careful, the 'player health police' could be onto you.

will try to get an italian friend to check for me, she's from milan, lives in germany & speaks english with a very strong scouse accent as she learnt it from my missus, maybe 1 of our italian visitors can tell us if this is the case. bluelass is also fluent so maybe she can confirm.... if so, prepare for the blue tide to roll into town !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back