Everton in crisis? - Daily Mail Article

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look at Kenwright and co. And their respective ages.

After 70 they will have very few years left.

So there is no way it'll be a decade. It'll force Kenwright and co to lower their asking price.

without doubt the best post you've made,SEE THAT NEILER,DAMON LIKES ME, HE DIDN'T TORMENT ME, YOU CRUEL EVIL PERSON.< has happy face>

I'm still watching this space.

If Everton is your only concern what are you going to compare their financial performance to in order to judge it?

Looking at things in isolation is a convenient way of avoiding things you may not like. But leads to wrong conlusions.

I'll accept cash or paypal for what you owe.

What lad?

Everton have signed nobody yet lad and we are skint.

The RS have spunked 68m
City have spunked 250m

Thats if I wanted to compare us, but I dont.

Villa, Villa, Villa.

What lad?

Everton have signed nobody yet lad and we are skint.

The RS have spunked 68m
City have spunked 250m

Thats if I wanted to compare us, but I dont.

Villa, Villa, Villa.

Liverpool sold Torres for massive moola though, have they really seen that much 'fresh' investment? And they then pissed it away on Downing, Henderson and Carroll.
Out of them three I only see us benefitting from getting Downing as we lack width, otherwise I don't see them improving the team we have.

We'd have to sell someone truly iconic to get near those sums, and the only one who springs to mind is Baines. Who I wouldn't lose for any money in the world right now.

Liverpool sold Torres for massive moola though, have they really seen that much 'fresh' investment? And they then pissed it away on Downing, Henderson and Carroll.
Out of them three I only see us benefitting from getting Downing as we lack width, otherwise I don't see them improving the team we have.

We'd have to sell someone truly iconic to get near those sums, and the only one who springs to mind is Baines. Who I wouldn't lose for any money in the world right now.
It would be a lil step forward don't ya think if we tried selling a few players of ours who don't contribute a whole lot like Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell , Heitinga , then maybe we could strengthen other areas of the team instead of having 12 centre midfield players

It would be a lil step forward don't ya think if we tried selling a few players of ours who don't contribute a whole lot like Bilyaletdinov, Rodwell , Heitinga , then maybe we could strengthen other areas of the team instead of having 12 centre midfield players

Only problem with that is, who'd have them? The three of them could do a job for any number of clubs but I don't see how anyone would pay what we would ask for them. I'd take 5m for Bily, 20m for Rods and 8m for Heitinga but much less than that and I'd be more inclined to keep them and roll with what we've got.
It's not a bad squad as is, even without a winger and another striker.

sad to say, everton ARE in crisis, and it seems the rest of the premier league has caught up(?) looking at some of the stuff being posted it really looks like footballs excesses have finally come home to roost, but while city et al are being bankrolled, they will live in a form of denial. until a MAJOR club goes bust. it was so nearly the Rs, but there are other teams who are following along that path, and as bad as it sounds, the sooner a real,barca,man u goes bust the better. maybe then the people running the game will realise the truth about how useless they were at handling the task and do one.

sad to say, everton ARE in crisis, and it seems the rest of the premier league has caught up(?) looking at some of the stuff being posted it really looks like footballs excesses have finally come home to roost, but while city et al are being bankrolled, they will live in a form of denial. until a MAJOR club goes bust. it was so nearly the Rs, but there are other teams who are following along that path, and as bad as it sounds, the sooner a real,barca,man u goes bust the better. maybe then the people running the game will realise the truth about how useless they were at handling the task and do one.

Ha ha but we still want a takeover right!

Ha ha but we still want a takeover right!

i just want a board with vision,drive and passion. if you want examples, since we won the title in 69/70 what have we done to improve the ground? and in that same period, what did , villa(down damon, let me finish) man u, liverpool. do that we didn't?
our board stopped short , and when we were winning in the 80s, what did we do? thats my problem with the current board, they have not learned from previous mistakes, never mind their own. but looking at football in general, since sky, its f#####d

i just want a board with vision,drive and passion. if you want examples, since we won the title in 69/70 what have we done to improve the ground? and in that same period, what did , villa(down damon, let me finish) man u, liverpool. do that we didn't?
our board stopped short , and when we were winning in the 80s, what did we do? thats my problem with the current board, they have not learned from previous mistakes, never mind their own. but looking at football in general, since sky, its f#####d

So in essence ever board from the 60's onwards has been gash?

They've been visionless since the days of the Main Stand build under Moores. Johnson screwed up by not providing another tier on top of the Park End, and this regime of incompetents have done even less than Johnson - in Elstone's own words at the Kirkby Inquiry, they've spent less on ground upgrades than any club in the Premier League.

and WHERE did i say that? i said we suffered due to poor investment in the ground etc after 69/70, then when we were winning inthe 80s,THATS when we started f###ing up big time, and the start of the premier league era just proved how out of touch, business wise, our board was. and THIS board has failed to learn from those mistakes. blimey , and i thought you were on the ball like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back