Everton in Training at Finch Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Player Valuation: £35m
Does anybody watch these videos? I do but that's because I clearly have nothing of any worth in my life.

What always strikes me every week is just how poor the players are in the technical drills. It might be because they're knackered from the multitude of shuttle run exercises, but when you watch any other teams train, they play quick and exciting football-based games and they all love it. All I see is our first team grinding out scrappy 0-0s in training matches looking like they can hear the boos already.

What I'm saying is, it's no wonder we're sh*te.

Does anybody watch these videos? I do but that's because I clearly have nothing of any worth in my life.

What always strikes me every week is just how poor the players are in the technical drills. It might be because they're knackered from the multitude of shuttle run exercises, but when you watch any other teams train, they play quick and exciting football-based games and they all love it. All I see is our first team grinding out scrappy 0-0s in training matches looking like they can hear the boos already.

What was the excuse before Dyche had them nackered from shuttle run exercises.. we've had numerous managers with differing approaches and we've been rubbish for a while.

At least they're all really good at posing for the camera as they enter the training pitch. To me it speaks volumes about how little our form/points return really means to them.

If my continuous poor performance at work meant that I'd lose a significant part of my salary next year if the company as a whole underperforms (relegation-based salary reductions) then I don't think I'd be posing and high-fiving and having a good laugh on the field after every defeat - I'd like to think I'd be knuckling down and looking to improve on my weaknesses so that I don't lose a lot of money next year.

To me it just shows that the players have far too much money and aren't really bothered if the club suffers as they'll just leave and head to Saudi or something if we go down.

It's only the fans that suffer at the end of the day. Do you really think the players are still thinking of their latest loss when they're sat in their £2m pound mansions a few hours after the game bumming their supermodel girlfriends? Not a chance.

Whenever I watch these vids I'm always surprised at the lack of any intensity.

These are supposed to be elite level sportsmen in training, yet it all seems so casual.

Every other sport puts out training sessions that look difficult. Finch farm looks like a kick about in the park.

No, I have better things to do, like stick my fingers in the toaster.

My point exactly on the Dyche thread, no wonder we are awful in possession.

This manager will not last long to me he is in the same bracket as a Steve Bruce, the game has totally passed him by technically

I'd love it if they expanded to the tactical elements of our transition play and formation stuff. That would be a laugh. Instead it's vids on players arriving, shuttle runs and standing in a circle just passing it around.

Wheres the vids on crossing a ball, setting up our defence for deadball situations etc. No doubt that's a big no no..just like on a Saturday.

I’ve watched a few and they’re all almost identical. I don’t remember ever seeing any practice of set pieces on any of these videos.
The finishing drills I find amusing, they are all looking good and slamming the ball into the goal under no pressure from a defender. Come Saturday they are blasting them into the stands.

I've never been a fan of the drill where you all stand in a circle passing, while two defenders charge around inside the circle closing you down as you pass it around. For me it tells you that whilst in possession your fine to stand around motionless, not needing to find any space or have awareness around you, to just pass sideways to some other poor shmuk to get closed down.
It translates to our match performances, where we do just that.

I'd love it if they expanded to the tactical elements of our transition play and formation stuff. That would be a laugh. Instead it's vids on players arriving, shuttle runs and standing in a circle just passing it around.

Wheres the vids on crossing a ball, setting up our defence for deadball situations etc. No doubt that's a big no no..just like on a Saturday.

…I imagine there’s plenty of tactical stuff they don’t post on social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.