Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, imagine if we’d told Bolasie to go and rehab at Palace. Tbf he would’ve been back quicker.

Anywhere would have been better than at Everton. Even are youth players were going down with broken hips. I’ve never even heard of a player having a hip fracture yet I’m sure one of our young lads had one last season, to go with almost every other event youth player we had all picking up injuries, even the ones we had on loan got injured.

Sadly, anyone with any ambition and half a brain in their head will be looking to leave us. I worry greatly for the future.

If any player starts playing well enough to get a move then good on them. I seriously don’t think we need to worry about that in the short term as half these players can’t even get on the pitch never mind play well. Richarlison and DCL both have a very long way to go before a top club comes in for them, I wish they were at the level where we had to worry about a Real Madrid or PSG wanting them. When either of them can master running with the ball without getting it trapped under them then maybe that might be a step in the right direction.

If any player starts playing well enough to get a move then good on them. I seriously don’t think we need to worry about that in the short term as half these players can’t even get on the pitch never mind play well. Richarlison and DCL both have a very long way to go before a top club comes in for them, I wish they were at the level where we had to worry about a Real Madrid or PSG wanting them. When either of them can master running with the ball without getting it trapped under them then maybe that might be a step in the right direction.
And yet, they are our best and most saleable players. We have seen our results and performances crumble without them, and Mina (who is also linked with leaving) and Doucoure, in the team.
I have a higher opinion of those players than you it seems, whilst agreeing that they are not elite players. However, the rest of our squad is very poor. This is why I worry for our future as a club, no matter how many docks get filled in. Moshiri will ruin us in the end.

And yet, they are our best and most saleable players. We have seen our results and performances crumble without them, and Mina (who is also linked with leaving) and Doucoure, in the team.
I have a higher opinion of those players than you it seems, whilst agreeing that they are not elite players. However, the rest of our squad is very poor. This is why I worry for our future as a club, no matter how many docks get filled in. Moshiri will ruin us in the end.

oh no I fully agree they’re our best players. They’ll be sold at some point but it just seems bizarre that on the one hand some fans are losing it that Richy will be off to PSG any day now yet seeing him trying to shoot with his left foot last season, or take anyone on at all was embarrassing. Equally DCL, how many times has he gone through on goal and either hit it at the keeper or fallen over the ball? Will top clubs indulge that?

These clubs can have whoever they want. Mbappe Haaland Chiesa Fati, I just think it’s a long list before one of them goes ‘ah yeah we’ll pay 100 million for a bloke who falls over every time he shoots, and we’ll get his partner as well who doesn’t like playing out wide and has a discipline problem’

They’re both very good penalty box poachers who are world class at getting on the end of things. Their penalty box movement is fantastic as is their instant finishing and also their aerial ability. Every other aspect of their game though from hold up play, to creativity, to finishing when given time, finishing outside the box, making the right runs off the ball etc. is a long way off the very best forwards in the world.

All just my opinion but I think we’re safe for a while unless there’s a step change in one of them.

The red tops saying Lingard is available for £10m in January. I think he showed last year at West ham that he has the ability in the right formation and tactics to be very effective. at that price, I know he is 28, but could still have a few good seasons in him. With him being in the final year of his contract we could possibly just try and negotiate for him to come on a free in the summer. He has been linked with West Ham, but they signed Vlasic in the summer so possibly dont need him anymore.

The red tops saying Lingard is available for £10m in January. I think he showed last year at West ham that he has the ability in the right formation and tactics to be very effective. at that price, I know he is 28, but could still have a few good seasons in him. With him being in the final year of his contract we could possibly just try and negotiate for him to come on a free in the summer. He has been linked with West Ham, but they signed Vlasic in the summer so possibly dont need him anymore.
I’d snap there hand off for him, he can actually play football, we have nobody in our team who is happy take the ball and do something with it, we are always in a rush. I think he’d do well with us.

Sadly, anyone with any ambition and half a brain in their head will be looking to leave us. I worry greatly for the future.
Conversel, our first eleven when fit and available is really good and European place material. The problem is that we don’t have the depth of squad.

Two or three additions of the right sort of player to add depth would see us challenging for a European place.

Status
Not open for further replies.