Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Baffled by this, yes Keane isnt the best in the league, but he was great last season and hes mainly a good CB option.

Talk of "being stuck" and comparing him to Bolaise and Besic is quite laughable.

Look at the table, hes a top 4 CB.

I could probably name 5 or 6 better CBs than him in the league, yet you people think hes James Tomkins or something while you worship that complete Turkish donkey at Leicester and Yerry Mina cos he dances.

giphy.gif

A very good comparison actually.

Maybe comparing him to Bolasie/Besic is wrong.

However I stand by what I think standard wise. Both him and Holgate are good enough to be 4th choice. I want a new CB good enough to partner Godfrey, Mina would be my 1st choice back up. Its then a choice between Holgate and Keane. Holgate edges it because in an emergency he can play RB or DM he's not the required standard to play there every game but fill in during a crisis.

Keane also seems to be affected by crowds which is why his best form was between June 2020 and March 2021. Also he then maybe slightly harshly lost his England place and this seemed to also destroy his fragile confidence as he was involved in several errors that led to goals after this. So for me I want him gone.
I think we have 4 decent CBs, we can improve on them all, but I think people overplay how bad they are and don't factor in how hard it is to buy quality.

All of them are better than Nathan Ake who City spent 40m on.

I think we have 4 decent CBs, we can improve on them all, but I think people overplay how bad they are and don't factor in how hard it is to buy quality.

All of them are better than Nathan Ake who City spent 40m on.

My personal opinion is Godfrey and Mina are 8/10s and Keane and Holgate are 7/10s. Godfrey has the scope to improve but I want a 9/10 CB to help take us to that next level.

We also need an improved RB as Coleman is good enough to be in the squad but he is too old to play every game club and Country. He's in a similar position that Cahill found himself in.

Hopefully Nkounkou comes back in the summer ready to be back up LB that's why I want a LB in on a short term contract as our current back ups are Delph whose always injured and Godfrey who needs to stay CB so he can learn the positional side. He can't do this switching between both.

My personal opinion is Godfrey and Mina are 8/10s and Keane and Holgate are 7/10s. Godfrey has the scope to improve but I want a 9/10 CB to help take us to that next level.

We also need an improved RB as Coleman is good enough to be in the squad but he is too old to play every game club and Country. He's in a similar position that Cahill found himself in.

Hopefully Nkounkou comes back in the summer ready to be back up LB that's why I want a LB in on a short term contract as our current back ups are Delph whose always injured and Godfrey who needs to stay CB so he can learn the positional side. He can't do this switching between both.
We aint getting a 9/10 CB, the fact that a donkey like VVD is considered 1 of the best in the world should tell you how poor the CBs are in this era.

We aint getting a 9/10 CB, the fact that a donkey like VVD is considered 1 of the best in the world should tell you how poor the CBs are in this era.

Even another 8/10 would be an improvement. Someone left footed quicker than Mina and Keane taller than Godfrey and Holgate. I know these players are difficult to find but sometimes you get lucky. In my opinion Keane is fine if we sit back but that invites teams onto us. Which then means we concede more shots. As I have said because of his new contract he's going nowhere that being the case hopefully he is eventually used as 4th choice.

We have 2 RBs all be it a passed his best and a not going to be good enough. I think RB can wait until summer as if we try and get anyone now they won't be good enough to oust Coleman or we will be absolutely fleeced. Not convinced on the Rangers lad I want someone 23-26 ready to go straight into the team I think he would need time.
I agree with most of this, particularly the age range. However, I don’t think Kennny will be used as cover if Coleman gets injured.

I have a feeling.they will go back in for Patterson and keep Coleman for another season while he gets up to speed.

Even another 8/10 would be an improvement. Someone left footed quicker than Mina and Keane taller than Godfrey and Holgate. I know these players are difficult to find but sometimes you get lucky. In my opinion Keane is fine if we sit back but that invites teams onto us. Which then means we concede more shots. As I have said because of his new contract he's going nowhere that being the case hopefully he is eventually used as 4th choice.
So the players who exist that meet this are Bastoni, Kimpembe, Laporte, maybe Pau Torres (I'm not sure if he's fast), Hermoso, Gabriel and then a bunch of unproven players like Sven Botman who might not even be good. Just saying that's a big ask.

So the players who exist that meet this are Bastoni, Kimpembe, Laporte, maybe Pau Torres (I'm not sure if he's fast), Hermoso, Gabriel and then a bunch of unproven players like Sven Botman who might not even be good. Just saying that's a big ask.

Being left footed isn't mandatory but would be preferred as it keeps open the 3 at the back option where the LCB needs to be left footed for it to work effectively. There might be another player in the lower leagues who knows but that would be my ideal target.

Being left footed isn't mandatory but would be preferred as it keeps open the 3 at the back option where the LCB needs to be left footed for it to work effectively. There might be another player in the lower leagues who knows but that would be my ideal target.
Lower leagues guarantees there's a scenario where they aren't better than what we have though. I just think it is possible we sign a CB and are playing Mina and Keane next year.

I agree with most of this, particularly the age range. However, I don’t think Kennny will be used as cover if Coleman gets injured.

I have a feeling.they will go back in for Patterson and keep Coleman for another season while he gets up to speed.

I would like to wait on Patterson. Get the 23-26yo in this summer to replace the released Kenny. He will then be first choice with Coleman back up. Then the summer after go if Patterson has progressed he will be ready to come in to replace Coleman who will be out of contract. By then he will be 21 so we will have a 26 yo and 21 yo competing. Hopefully by then we will have European football so they can both get game time.

Status
Not open for further replies.