Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team I was close to, very nearly signed Robertson at the same age as Patterson, well a year younger, but were concerned about his defensive ability. It caused the deal to fall down. He's since won the champions league and is Scotland captain. They are in the championship in Scotland.
Moyes nearly signed him here, before he went to Hull

What the hell are you talking about?

Robertson was absolutely miles ahead of any fullback in the league at a time when Celtic had Izaguirre and Lustig, who were performing in the Champions League for a team who got to the last 16, and that was Robertson first season as a professional footballer.

Looking at your previous posts on Scottish football you seem to think Jozo Simunovic was the next Van Dijk as well even though he’s just signed for a team after 18 months with a club…

Put it this way, if Patterson was such a big talent why would Rangers a) sell him so cheaply and b) not give him as much gametime as possible to develop quicker?

You say this as if people can’t watch highlights or go and look at comments from fans talking about how bad he’s been at times for Scotland…

Again, I rate him and think he’s a talent. But the idea he’s good enough to be a first choice RB in the EPL or that he’s better than Robertson or Tierney at the same age is quite frankly nonsensical bullshit.

You didn't really watch Robertson at Dundee United then, did you? He was raw. Very, raw. Patterson is indeed miles ahead of him at this stage. Not just my opinion, but that of the Scottish international management, given that he wasn't capped until just before he left for Hull city, so I don't quite get how your assesment on how he was the best full back in the league rings true with history. Never said he was miles ahead of Tierney. Just the closest comparison to him to have came out of Scotland since. Albeit opposite flanks.

In respect of Simunovic. He's a player absolutely ruined by injury. It cost him his move to Seria A, failing his medical, a league you clearly hold in high estime given your thoughts on Hickey's ability and average showing there.

I have no vested interest in this move other than I think it's a great one for this club. Merely giving my opinion, and also a little insight into current stage, which I am party to.

You are welcome to your opinion.

Last edited:

I'd rather have no one on the bench than longstaff or just some kid from the ressies, as you know they won't be claiming millions from us in the process of their contract. Something you are literally incapable of processing throufg that skull of yours
We will have a massive issue this summer when quite a few first team players leave. I know that they don’t offer much, but they will have to be replaced in some capacity.

Our budget is likely to be small again as we are declaring more big losses this year. We simply Tony have the money to go out and buy a load of players. There will have to be a mix of promoting from the academy, free signings and purchases.

I don’t know enough about Longstaff to comment on his situation, but I do know he has been highly rated by pundits and his best period seems to have been playing under Benitez.

I think the point is that as children they were all Evertonians. Gary Ablett was a red, Sheedy played for them and we accepted Beardsley with open arms.

It's not as simple as people make out, but rather the character of the person.
I know exactly what the point was and my point is having played for and represented a club is far more serious a matter than any childhood interest a player may have had.

To try and claim the likes of McManaman and Carragher as one of our own is ridiculous.

You don’t see many ex Everton employees at Liverpool.

Let alone an actual manager.

Last edited:
You didn't really watch Robertson at Dundee United then, did you? He was raw. Very, raw. Patterson is indeed miles ahead of him at this stage. Not just my opinion, but that of the Scottish international management, given that he wasn't capped until just before he left for Hull city, so I don't quite get how your assesment on how he was the best full back in the league rings true with history. Never said he was miles ahead of Tierney. Just the closest comparison to him to have came out of Scotland since. Albeit opposite flanks.

In respect of Simunovic. He's a player absolutely ruined by injury. It cost him his move to Seria A, failing his medical, a league you clearly hold in high estime given your thoughts on Hickey's ability and average showing there.

I have no vested interest in this move other than I think it's a great one for this club. Merely giving my opinion, and also a little insight into current stage, which I am party to.

You are welcome to your opinion.
Can remember seeing Robertson much up there to be honest, but I remember, like most people here, Seamus Coleman in his early twenties and I've no doubt that Patterson is more polished than him at the same age.

He's big, fast, already an international so I've no doubt that he will improve massively at Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.