Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were Evertonians, and the latter at least to some extent has an affinity to the club regardless of how he portrays himself in the media. But back on track...

To the point of employees, maybe they don't but again that shouldn't be an issue in itself. Hickson played for us, went to Liverpool and came back as a legend.

Why? The character of the man. I have issues with Benitez being our manager and while him being an ex-RS manager won't help, it's not the primary reason.

A consequence of him being a manager for them means the fan base has less tolerance for him, yet his poor leadership is what's really causing the issues.

If Benitez came here and actually succeeded, perhaps winning a trophy, I doubt his tenure at that shower would be anywhere near as significant.
you are right, but lets face it he's failing and will continue to fail. So his past associations will be magnified.

Then what is it?

If Everton aren't taking the piss over the clauses on add ons for him they've been mugged...mind you, they've been muged by that club before.

If they have any sense they offer what they did in the summer: £5M and tell them to take it or leave it.
Just over £12m, and that deal was 20yrs ago. So in todays terms it’d be significantly more

But even at face value, it’s hardly “way below”

They cut around 40M costs in the summer, even after counting incomings, and with Sigurdsson, Delph, Kenny and Tosun leaving this coming summer it won't be too far off that again... Mina and Gomes would be an extra 20M or more. Before you talk of transfer fees... But all of this is just getting us closer to breaking even, spending the money we are saving just leads to bigger losses again
Make it around £15.5m per year saved from Kenny, Delph, Tosun and Sigurdsson leaving. Absurd money.

I’d rather Mina stayed as he’s our best centre half, but I’ve posted before about why it would make sense to sell. If him, Digne and Gomes all leave sometime in Jan or the summer we’d be looking at a similar saving again, likely more. The new full backs if they come in won’t be on anywhere near what we’d been paying those lads. We’re in a right mess with ffp aren’t we.

you are right, but lets face it he's failing and will continue to fail. So his past associations will be magnified.
Which was my point entirely. I'm less than convinced by Benitez because of the here and now, however his past associations only exacerbate that.

But, he is our manager and he's the one with the reigns firmly in his hands, so let's see how this transfer window pans out.

Wait for the lies...wait for it...wait for it....

There we go lol

Now we have confirmation that he's going to be a good player as @davek doesnt rate him lol

Doesnt take Sherlock Holmes to be fair :)

There were some stats on his defending posted in here and online and he was rated very highly in all metrics.

Its clear as day that @davek hasnt seen him or is just clueless as usual.

Now, if he played for Ireland or Celtic Im sure he would be raving about him...just like @Bluerover

Any Rangers player is *insert rude words* while Irish and Celtic are amazing...

Utterly bizarre.
Clown.

Just over £12m, and that deal was 20yrs ago. So in todays terms it’d be significantly more

But even at face value, it’s hardly “way below”
£14M for a sub from an ale house league.

Sorry, but that cant be justified.

If Everton take him off that lot they have to put a flat £5M on the table and walk away if it's not taken. It'll take years trying to teach him how to defend.

The only way Ild be buying him is as a stand in wide right player. I'd be keeping him as far away from defensive duties as possible.

Coleman never in his career has been miles better than another player going forward. He got by on speed and determination. Technically he was bang average, most of his crosses missed their target, his passing in the final 3rd was average to. He basically wouid get in down the right, and smash into the box as hard as he couid, never had composure in the final 3rd. Baines was on another level to him.

He’s basically was Tony hibbert who got a few goals
Oh wow

Coleman never in his career has been miles better than another player going forward. He got by on speed and determination. Technically he was bang average, most of his crosses missed their target, his passing in the final 3rd was average to. He basically wouid get in down the right, and smash into the box as hard as he couid, never had composure in the final 3rd. Baines was on another level to him.

He’s basically was Tony hibbert who got a few goals
He got in the box more than most of our forwards. He was NOTHING like Tony Hibbert. Hibbert got a nose bleed leaving his own half of the pitch.

£14M for a sub from an ale house league.

Sorry, but that cant be justified.

If Everton take him off that lot they have to put a flat £5M on the table and walk away if it's not taken. It'll take years trying to teach him how to defend.

The only way Ild be buying him is as a stand in wide right player. I'd be keeping him as far away from defensive duties as possible.
Well the managerial genius in charge seems to want him, so…

Well the managerial genius in charge seems to want him, so…
Then he's wrong.

If anywhere in the region of £14M is paid for him it's irresponsible.

I think the reality will be £5M and to shut down criticism of the selling club from their fans it'll be spun upward with "add ons" that will never be triggered.

I’m not blinkered because he cost 60k. His price is irrelevant. He’s always been technically average.

So overrated by our fans it’s ridiculous
You compared him to Hibbert, mate.

Hibbert got zero goals and ten assist in his entire Everton premiership career
Coleman got 26 goals and 32 assists

He was exceptional in his pomp, people just chose to forget that for some reason

So, if he comes in and goes into the first choice 11, does that mean your idol Benitez has feet of clay?
It means he's made a mistake and I'll call him out on it ewhen proven to be so.

You see, that's what logical people do...unlike you who seem to take up a position and never let the facts change it.

My support is conditional; your opposition is unconditional.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back