Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He got in the box more than most of our forwards. He was NOTHING like Tony Hibbert. Hibbert got a nose bleed leaving his own half of the pitch.
Put the knife and bottle of whiskey down. And read what I said again. Yes he did run past our forwards and into box and that caused panic and helped our attackers Amd occasionally he got on the end of something and scored the odd goal, I think he got 6 in the 13/14 season. Probably averaged about 2 most seasons. But he was basically Forrest Gump, head down and sprint towards their goal.

Doesn’t make him a great player because he had energy to get up and down

You didn't really watch Robertson at Dundee United then, did you? He was raw. Very, raw. Patterson is indeed miles ahead of him at this stage. Not just my opinion, but that of the Scottish international management, given that he wasn't capped until just before he left for Hull city, so I don't quite get how your assesment on how he was the best full back in the league rings true with history. Never said he was miles ahead of Tierney. Just the closest comparison to him to have came out of Scotland since. Albeit opposite flanks.

In respect of Simunovic. He's a player absolutely ruined by injury. It cost him his move to Seria A, failing his medical, a league you clearly hold in high estime given your thoughts on Hickey's ability and average showing there.

I have no vested interest in this move other than I think it's a great one for this club. Merely giving my opinion, and also a little insight into current stage, which I am party to.

You are welcome to your opinion.
He cant shift a 31 year old out of his position. That's how exceptional he is.

He has a decent cross in him and he is good going forward and linking up with Gilmour for Scotland...but that is not PL class football he's doing it in, and please dont sell this lad as a defender....he is 'kin MILES off being a defeneder, as everyone will find out if / when he arrives in the PL...hopefully not for Everton BTW.

He's had 9 starts and hooked in 4 of them.
Even for a crap injury hit Newcastle thats Tom Davies type of stats.

He reall is not very good at all.

Yep. Did look a very good player in his loan spells and early games at Newcastle, but has been very mediocre for a long while now.
For years we’ve lacked mobility and speed - quick passing, intense pressing, and he’s not that player.

On a free in the summer to pad out a squad that will hopefully lose Delph, Gbamin, Gomes and Davies, then yes. As a regular starter, no.

You compared him to Hibbert, mate.

Hibbert got zero goals and ten assist in his entire Everton premiership career
Coleman got 26 goals and 32 assists

He was exceptional in his pomp, people just chose to forget that for some reason
From a technical point of view. Imo hibbert was a better defender, couid at least stop crosses.

Coleman was a poor footballer, exceptional lol

Put the knife and bottle of whiskey down. And read what I said again. Yes he did run past our forwards and into box and that caused panic and helped our attackers Amd occasionally he got on the end of something and scored the odd goal, I think he got 6 in the 13/14 season. Probably averaged about 2 most seasons. But he was basically Forrest Gump, head down and sprint towards their goal.

Doesn’t make him a great player because he had energy to get up and down
"Scored the odd goal" Pffftt! He scored more than the odd goal. And even when he first arrived at Everton he was a better defender than Patterson is right now and he's taken years to learn more about defending.

There is no way Coleman is going away any time soon from his first team duties. Just know that. Patterson if he arrives wont be slotting in good to go. He is very raw and needs a season down here to avoid being utterly battered each and every game. That lad has seen nothing yet - good substitute appearances against Arbroath and Dunfermline wont cut it here.

He cant shift a 31 year old out of his position. That's how exceptional he is.

He has a decent cross in him and he is good going forward and linking up with Gilmour for Scotland...but that is not PL class football he's doing it in, and please dont sell this lad as a defender....he is 'kin MILES off being a defeneder, as everyone will find out if / when he arrives in the PL...hopefully not for Everton BTW.

The same 31 year old he can’t shift would also walk into our team, hardly a stick to beat him with.

Yep. Did look a very good player in his loan spells and early games at Newcastle, but has been very mediocre for a long while now.
For years we’ve lacked mobility and speed - quick passing, intense pressing, and he’s not that player.

On a free in the summer to pad out a squad that will hopefully lose Delph, Gbamin, Gomes and Davies, then yes. As a regular starter, no.
You're putting up the same opinion as FB92 .
The squad doesnt need "padding out" with crap players , thats how we got in this mess.
We need better players.
Longstaff certainly isnt that.

You wanted Chelsea to beat us
Yeah. Wasted that was too. They aren't going to stop Liverpool winning the title. I apologise for that. Donating 6 points to City to avoid that nightmare though should be supported by every Evertonian. Strange to me if they didn't feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back