Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it appears we may be spending close to 40m this window with the very real possibility of only a loan out for Digne.

Either FFP was a simply a cover story for an unwillingness to spend in the summer, or we are prepared to run the risk regardless now.

My suspicion is it’s the former with the board now worried about our terrible form and acting accordingly.
£40m transfer outlay, assuming 4.5yr contracts would be a ~£9m hit, plus half a season’s wages for whomever comes in. Maybe the small bits of business we’ve done since the summer - Bernard, James, etc, have cleared up that room?

Inappropriate Language
My friend, I have no idea what your agenda is. It's a strange one indeed. To sign up to a forum and almost exclusively belittle a targeted player. It's bizarre, particularly, when you use the example of Ramsay as a stick to beat him with. Bizarre as I say. Ramsay will have a fine career though. I have no doubt.

Patterson is similar to Tierney at the age of 20. To say otherwise is, well I assume, agenda driven. Patterson also has similar caps at the same age. Your views on Robertson, whilst in Scotland, you're entitled to them. Mine are similar to the Scotland coaching staff at the time.

To the personal attacks. I liked, very much, Simunovic as a player. Terrible injury cost him his move to Seria A, it put him out the game for two years, the league that Hickey has been average within, I know you dispute that, but I've actually watched him and also commented on his performance in individual games I've watched on here. Turnbull, similarly, a fantastic talent, who had to have a career saving operation after his medical with celtic failed. Was unclear if he'd ever be mobile again let alone play and reach the level he has.

I can assure you, I've been very much involved in and watched the Scottish game for a long time, probably longer than you've been alive given your posting style.

I care not for your opinion on whether the information I'm giving in respect of the actual transfer is accurate or not. Time will be the judge of that. As it was previously. Bonne nuit.
The Simunovic stuff is nonsense though to people who actually have an interest in Scottish football. You claimed he was a Van Dijk level talent and only never got a move because of an ‘injury’. The move you’re talking about was in the summer of 2016. He joined in 2015, for massive money for a Scottish club at the time, and played something like 15 games. He had such a disaster of a season Celtic cut their losses and tried to punt him to Torino on the cheap. He didn’t become a regular for them until Rodgers went there which was the summer of 2016 so it’s quite clearly, a whole lotta nonsense…

Just looking at your previous posts about Scottish football I’m genuinely wondering if you’re a troll or just talk [Poor language removed] cos you know nobody on here watches it

You claimed Turnbull was a similar level talent to Tierney.
You claimed Turnbull was a better prospect than Barry Ferguson or John Collins
You also claimed he was better than McFadden
Maybe worst of the lot you also claimed you were connected within Scottish football and he wouldn’t be joining Celtic
You claimed Cenk Tosun would be a better signing than Moussa Dembele because he was average in Scotland (he broke the Scottish transfer record)
You claimed Leigh Griffiths had a better season than Dembele in the same season that Dembele was first choice striker and scoring in the Champions League
You claimed Dembele was half the striker Leigh Griffiths is
You claimed Simunovic was a similar level talent to Van Dijk. (No matter how much you bring up a move to Torino he was never anywhere close to Van Dijk hence Celtic being happy to cut their losses on him)
You said Callum McGregor was a horrific footballer
You claimed Ryan Jack was the best prospect in the league ahead of the likes of Stuart Armstrong, Jason Denayer and even Van Dijk
You claimed Liam Lindsay was Scotland best young centre half
Best for last. You claimed, and I quote, that Aiden McGeady would “take this league by storm” o_O

Found all that in only a couple of minutes. There’s probably a whole lot more.

I’m surprised people on here actually believe
1. You actually watch Scottish football
Or
2. Actually do watch it and take your opinions on it seriously

Just randomly claiming you’re connected and involved in Scottish football through agents or whatever when people challenged you on these claims seems to be your go to move which says it all

Tbf you can come on here and see supposed blues wanting anything that looks bad for Everton. Those types are everywhere.
This isn’t just one or two though. For a supposed wonderkid and next Kieran Tierney or better than Andy Robertson bla bla bla etc the amount of their fans quite happy to sell him as they don’t see him as being better than James Tavernier or even threatening his position tells its own story

Even if Tavernier was this superstar any club would be starting to phase him out and putting in the young wonderkid. People also forget he’s 20. It’s not like he’s some 16/17 year old only not getting a game because he’s not ready physically

Given Newcastle's shortage of players I don't see it happening until later in January... Maybe 5M, or maybe if he plays well next few games they will hold onto him
I expect Newcastle to start signing new players soon once the windown opens. So players like Longstaff will leave. Only if Newcastle try to squeeze a few bob out of us we might wait till later in the window.

Joel, what’s the rule of another team comes to purchase them outright? Can a loan be cancelled then?
I don’t think so mate, not every loan includes this clause but think if they didn’t play X amount by Jan then they’d be able to recall them. So I think you’d have to wait until the loan is over to buy as they’ve hit the threshold

If so then how are we spending north of 35m with potentially no outs?
Our accounts closed in June, we have obviously now in a position where the PL are happy, so we can spend £35m, but it could be £10m per season for the next 3.5 years. Or we get some players in now with a big outgoing at the end of the season before the accounts close next June...

Lots of permatations but until the accounts till June 21 are published it is all guess work and speculation....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back