Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen enough of him to be honest, but can he play in a midfield 2 and what I’ve seen and read he’s not a holding player.

So he’s either a number 10 or we play him amd Doucoure as 2 box to box midfielders either side off Allan

He can play 6, 8 or 10.

Has the tactical intelligence to be able to play deep but wouldnt be an 'Allan' or a 'Gana' type. More like someone who can 'play' between the lines.

As an 8 he would be box to box, but someone more advanced alongside either a DM or another box to box player who might be deeper.

Also can play as a 10 as he did in his last year at Ajax.

Hard working, strong tactically and likes the ball at his feet.

When you say he can play the 6-8/10
, are they the numbers on the balls on a pool table. Asking for a friend
After Davy I would be wary of buying any players from the Dutch league
That Jansen at Spurs should have been a warning to all PL clubs
Very few have come over in recent seasons and done well
Even that Zytiech ( sp) at Chelsea is in and out of the team and hasn’t pulled up many trees

He can play 6, 8 or 10.

Has the tactical intelligence to be able to play deep but wouldnt be an 'Allan' or a 'Gana' type. More like someone who can 'play' between the lines.

As an 8 he would be box to box, but someone more advanced alongside either a DM or another box to box player who might be deeper.

Also can play as a 10 as he did in his last year at Ajax.

Hard working, strong tactically and likes the ball at his feet.
V D Beek is not a holding midfielder. As i said in a previous post he is best compared to Cahill/Fellani.
They could play in a defensive role, but both were at their best in the oppostion penalty area. both were also no playmakers in the James / Sigurdsson :) mould.

We are currently in talks with Utds sporting director in regards to VDB.

DCL has been advised that should any offer come in from Arsenal, to refuse it.
I just hope we are not in talks to send anyone the other way, im sure Doc or Richarlison would easily walk into that team

I just hope we are not in talks to send anyone the other way, im sure Doc or Richarlison would easily walk into that team
At the moment DCL would be fifth in line as striker behind Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford (neither of whom can be fitted in up front at the moment)
The only one he would displace in Martial, and he will be out of the door soon (as will probably Cavani).

Richarlison would be an improvement on the out of form Sancho who they are playing on the left and aren't going to drop anytime soon (and again Martial)

V D Beek is not a holding midfielder. As i said in a previous post he is best compared to Cahill/Fellani.
They could play in a defensive role, but both were at their best in the oppostion penalty area. both were also no playmakers in the James / Sigurdsson :) mould.

As I said, he can play as 6 in a different way. Hes done that before.

Hes also played as an 8 and like you say as a 10. Ive seen him for Ajax a fair bit.

At the moment DCL would be fifth in line as striker behind Ronaldo, Cavani, Greenwood and Rashford (neither of whom can be fitted in up front at the moment)
The only one he would displace in Martial, and he will be out of the door soon (as will probably Cavani).

Richarlison would be an improvement on the out of form Sancho who they are playing on the left and aren't going to drop anytime soon (and again Martial)
He’s a much better number 9 than Rashford. And greenwood is a talent, but is playing on the right wing, while a 34 and 36 yr olds fight it out for the number 9 spot

He’s a much better number 9 than Rashford. And greenwood is a talent, but is playing on the right wing, while a 34 and 36 yr olds fight it out for the number 9 spot
Greenwood is their next striker. He's being accommodated on the right wing while he learns from Cavani and Ronaldo for the next season or two.
Rashford was their next striker until Greenwood came along.
Cananvi will leave soon due to match time and the wage bill since they brought Ronaldo in.

Last edited:
So VDB is a 6 8 or a 10 in the dutch league :) Hopefully left where he is as hes the type of signing I hope we have stopped making. Get the yound lad Tyler O (cant spell his name) and give him game time. Spend the money on a RB in the 8th window we have needed one.

As for Mina being available just shows that aul THEO doesn't watch us and is in fact a wham artist

A loan would not be the worst idea for a player who is motivated to prove himself. Seems to have more about him than Klassen but I would sign another right back before we look at a midfielder but no doubt Brands will yet again fail at replacing Coleman for another transfer window

Status
Not open for further replies.