Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could be completely off, but I think El Ghazi is being considered because Richarlison is off this summer. That would leave us Gray/El Ghazi on the left and Gordon/Townsend on the right (gordon/Gray can play either side really - so can El Ghazi). My guess is between the stadium, FFP and our lack of ability to attract top talent a direct replacement for Richy may not be on the cards. Especially when the midfield and central defense need so much work and we still need a striker.

Brennan Johnson fills the same gap (and would be my choice) but i think we are having to be quite creative financially...
I doubt that El Ghazi will be Richy's direct replacement , I doubt that very much . He will be for cover , thats it . If Richy was to leave, I would imagine we would replace him with someone much better

I doubt that El Ghazi will be Richy's direct replacement , I doubt that very much . He will be for cover , thats it . If Richy was to leave, I would imagine we would replace him with someone much better
A waste of cash.

We need to sign young talent instead. Just like Patterson and Mykolenko. I rather Gordon acts as cover.

I don't know about that. We are not going to be magically rich this summer. If Gordon continues to develop I think he and Gray may be the starters. Meaning El Ghazi and Townsend would be cover for them (I still prefer Johnson for this).

I think he will be included in the deal with Digne .

Either way, im not too keen on him . I'd much rather it be a simple cash deal then move to sign like you say a younger talent
Don’t see the point of taking a Villa sub, someone who can’t get into their team and they want rid.

I don't know about that. We are not going to be magically rich this summer. If Gordon continues to develop I think he and Gray may be the starters. Meaning El Ghazi and Townsend would be cover for them.
Well , there are a few high earners who's contracts run out , plus a couple of sales ? I'm confident we will have money to spend in the summer

We ain't getting Zakaria, he's got better options than us.
I'm afraid we may be saying this a lot until the stadium is finished.

My guess is that the unstated goal will be to be a mid table club until that time while also repairing our finances and bringing in some young talent that will hopefully blossom. Then with the stadium done, we will hire an attractive manager and be able to attract some established talent.

Not saying I like this, just saying it may well be on the cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.