Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we sign another player, whether it’s a midfielder or a CB what is most important in our current position is that it’s a leader type. Even if it’s on a short contract due to age but we need a strong character on the pitch. Something we are sadly in short supply.
This is a good idea and years ago you get an old player of that sort .Who would want one last chance at the big time and pass on his knowledge and experience to younger players.But those sort of players only come because the latest Bentley Brochure has dropped thru the letter box and they can not afford it.

Even though we don't have a manager we need to bring in another striker on loan.
We can't be relying on Rondon if DCL gets injured again. We will definitely go down.

If you are a half decent agent you would certainly advise against any client coming near us at the moment. If I was one and the club approached me about one of my players I would simply tell them to go away and don't come back again until you have a proper structure (that is working) in place.
I think the exact opposite is true.

Agents look benignly at Everton and believe they can get their players signed up on high wages for long term contracts.

Agents know very well that not every player they represent can play for a top four side.

Our challenge is not to convince players to sign for us, it is for us to choose the right players to sign.

In spite of how this season has developed still believe the nucleus of a good side is still there.
Pickford, Mina, Godfrey, Doucoure,Gray, Richarlison and DCL are good quality players.

Mylenko,Paterson,Branthwaite, Dobbin and Onyango are young players who look to have potential to develop.

We also seem to have three or four under 23 players with potential in Welch, Campbell, Whitaker and Mills who could challenge in the next year or two.

Even though we don't have a manager we need to bring in another striker on loan.
We can't be relying on Rondon if DCL gets injured again. We will definitely go down.

I sort of see Rondon as 3rd/ 4th choice. DCL is first choice, if he’s out Richarlison moves into that position, then it’s either Rondon or Tosun, maybe even simms? I would say CM and CB are more of a priority than Striker. We are leaky at the back, but we can score.

I think the exact opposite is true.

Agents look benignly at Everton and believe they can get their players signed up on high wages for long term contracts.

Agents know very well that not every player they represent can play for a top four side.

Our challenge is not to convince players to sign for us, it is for us to choose the right players to sign.

In spite of how this season has developed still believe the nucleus of a good side is still there.
Pickford, Mina, Godfrey, Doucoure,Gray, Richarlison and DCL are good quality players.

Mylenko,Paterson,Branthwaite, Dobbin and Onyango are young players who look to have potential to develop.

We also seem to have three or four under 23 players with potential in Welch, Campbell, Whitaker and Mills who could challenge in the next year or two.

If you look at the players who are leaving in the summer due to expiring contracts;

Tosun
Sigurdsson
Delph
Kenny
Lonergan

That would indicate that we could need 5 players in to cover this, but technically we have 3 keepers, Pickford, Begovic and Virginia, so may not replace Lonergan. And we have Coleman and Paterson for RB, plus Holgate can play there and depending on the formation we could even play Iwobi as RWB, so we might not replace Kenny.

But we certainly need 2 more midfielders, ideally ones that are not “injured” or otherwise else, MIA. And a striker even if they are 3rd choice.

Ideally we would want a DOF to be working on this now for the summer, maybe speaking with agents of people who’s contracts are running down as well or know they will want to be moving in the summer. The worry is that without having someone with football knowledge in place we will end up with whatever Kia Joorabchian tells Moshiri to buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.