Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. Difference btwn Europe and mediocrity though. Here's hoping in the summer transfers. May have to sell Richarlison to move forward.

The squad is an absolute mess, Benitez needs to bring in his own team before we judge him. Townsend & Gray are carrying us at the moment but the signing of Rondon is the biggest waste of money I`ve ever seen. I`d rather be playing Tosun! And how Iwobi is getting a gig is beyond me, it`d like playing with a man sent off every week, played with 9 men this week.....

Our 1st 11 can match anyone but 1 or 2 injuries and we fall apart, no squad depth whatsoever and that costs us points every season. Absolute shambles, how on earth has Brands still got a job. Leave the recruitment alone Marcel although looking at Rondon can RB be trusted to idenftify players!

We are just screwed arent we? Need 4 or 5 players in January and guaranteed we will end up with none as Marcel doesnt like the January window, probably because he has to do some work. The guy has failed and yet still continues to make matters worse whilst coining in a massive salary. I struggle to see any plan or strategy........

IMO

Players good enough for PL:-

Pickford
Coleman
Digne
Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend
=12

Players NOT good enough for PL:-

Begovic
Lonergan
Kenny
Holgate
Brathwaite (Unproven)
Delph
Invisible Man (His best season yet)
Gomes
Gbamin (Cant stay fit, time to cut our losses)
Davies
Iwobi
Tosun
Rondon
Gordon (Unproven)
Simms (Unproven)
=15, how much are we spunking every week on these frauds?

I would have kept Moise Kean than sign Rondon
I would have kept Virginia than sign Lonergan
Defo would have kept Nkounkou as we have no back up at Left Back whatsoever.

Linked with Morcambe's 17 year old left back...
And Harry souttar at Stoke CB 6’6. I remember him breaking through at Dundee at 16/17. Getting a lot of headlines. Obviously takes a while to settle as a CB, been on loan a few times. But apparently he’s had a good season so far at stoke. Him and branthwaite 6’6 & 6’5

IMO

Pickford
Coleman
Digne
Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend
=12

Begovic
Lonergan
Kenny
Holgate
Brathwaite (Unproven)
Delph
Gomes
Davies
Iwobi
Tosun
Rondon
Gordon (Unproven)
Simms (Unproven)

Lol, Holgate will have you shot saying he not PL status, really gets upset if you mention that he better suited to Championship

IMO

Pickford
Coleman
Digne
Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend
=12

Begovic
Lonergan
Kenny
Holgate
Brathwaite (Unproven)
Delph
Gomes
Davies
Iwobi
Tosun
Rondon
Gordon (Unproven)
Simms (Unproven)

Are you classing PL level as in they wouldn’t even get a game for the worst side? If so, very harsh on Holgate. Also think it’s weird to call 3 players designated as unproven ‘frauds’.

Are you classing PL level as in they wouldn’t even get a game for the worst side? If so, very harsh on Holgate. Also think it’s weird to call 3 players designated as unproven ‘frauds’.
I agree, an error in the way I wrote it. I`m obv taking aim at the highly paid frauds than the youngsters who are paid considerably less. I`d like to see the youngsters played more, nothing to lose and really cant do any worse than some.

IMO

Pickford
Coleman
Digne
Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend
=12

Begovic
Lonergan
Kenny
Holgate
Brathwaite (Unproven)
Delph
Gomes
Davies
Iwobi
Tosun
Rondon
Gordon (Unproven)
Simms (Unproven)

Take out the three unproven as by your own argument we can't judge them; other than that I'd say you were bang on.

With the "news" of "Alleged Player*" still on bail until January, I hope we are seriously going down the legal route of retrieved the £100k a week they receive and getting it back due to breach of contract.

Chelsea did this with Mutu and I expect City will also do this with Mendy

* - please don't mention his name due to ongoing legal ramifications and out of respect for the forum

With the "news" of "Alleged Player*" still on bail until January, I hope we are seriously going down the legal route of retrieved the £100k a week they receive and getting it back due to breach of contract.

* - please don't mention his name due to ongoing legal ramifications and out of respect for the forum
Depends if guilty or not....

What if he's innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.