Everton January 2022 Transfer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he's innocent?
I hope for his sake he is and for our sake as a club, but even still this will have cost the club in:
Wages - alleged is on £100k a week and he has been missing since the start of pre-season in mid July so 14 weeks ago (£1.4m) as of this week so if this continues, we could be looking at over £4m in wages to an innocent or guilty player who hasn't been available.

Transfer Fee - His contract finishes this season so potentially we have missed out on millions.

Damages - We are in the biggest football league in the World so this negative news will effect us directly and we may have missed out on further sponsorship

Innocent until proven guilty but either way, we need to recoup some of the money we have spent on him.

I hope for his sake he is and for our sake as a club, but even still this will have cost the club in:
Wages - alleged is on £100k a week and he has been missing since the start of pre-season in mid July so 14 weeks ago (£1.4m) as of this week so if this continues, we could be looking at over £4m in wages to an innocent or guilty player who hasn't been available.

Transfer Fee - His contract finishes this season so potentially we have missed out on millions.

Damages - We are in the biggest football league in the World so this negative news will effect us directly and we may have missed out on further sponsorship

Innocent until proven guilty but either way, we need to recoup some of the money we have spent on him.

And ask whom for the money?

IMO

Players good enough for PL:-

Pickford
Coleman
Digne
Mina
Keane
Godfrey
Allan
Doucoure
Richarlison
Calvert-Lewin
Gray
Townsend
=12

Players NOT good enough for PL:-

Begovic
Lonergan
Kenny
Holgate
Brathwaite (Unproven)
Delph
Invisible Man (His best season yet)
Gomes
Gbamin (Cant stay fit, time to cut our losses)
Davies
Iwobi
Tosun
Rondon
Gordon (Unproven)
Simms (Unproven)
=15, how much are we spunking every week on these frauds?

I would have kept Moise Kean than sign Rondon
I would have kept Virginia than sign Lonergan
Defo would have kept Nkounkou as we have no back up at Left Back whatsoever.

I think for the players unproventhere should have been a separate category from the trash.

Kean wanted out, did not want to play for us.

Isn't their some precedent in this? I seem to recall mutu at Chelsea having to repay back £10m, after being sacked.

Again, what if he's innocent, do you ask him to pay his wages back.
Well if he is innocent, I very much doubt he will be kept on so he will use his right to leave on a Bosman and we will get screwed over of £5m+ in wages and potential transfer fee OR we find a buyer, get him off the books and out of our club

He will be on "gardening leave" until charged so his contract will be we pay him until the verdict so I think we'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.