Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton January 2025 Transfer Thread

Think he was being blackmailed by his ex agent tbf, doesn't sound like it was his fault
Maybe, but he is playing in Serbia which suggests that his German club have just put him to one side to do whatever, either that or he just isn't very good. I just think any suggestion of issues with registration or the such like its more trouble than its worth tbh.

Maybe, but he is playing in Serbia which suggests that his German club have just put him to one side to do whatever, either that or he just isn't very good. I just think any suggestion of issues with registration or the such like its more trouble than its worth tbh.

I read it was due to the manager Stuttgart now have playing a different style. He's also playing CL football for Belgrade so there is that I guess.

Still, last season his minutes were greatly reduced but he had a good record. 13 goal contributions in 994 minutes which roughly works out as a goal contribution every 76 minutes.

A bit strange that you ignore the caveat that would suggest it doesn't have anything to do with his ability and more to do with a manager favouring other players who suit his system.
No I'm not ignoring anything but 26-29 is prime age range for any sportsperson so if its merely down to different systems and if the guy does have talent, he has a low release fee by all accounts so why did no other club come in for him when he was clearly out of favour then?

I wouldn't be surprised in Mykolenko was moved on in the summer.

He's just starting to pick up a few injuries here and there.

I think we'll cut our loses before he loses all his value.

We did have enquiries about his availability during the summer but knocked them all back.

Napoli in particular but heard rumours of a couple of other teams abroad expressing interest

How much we'd get I have no idea, but he is well regarded still. I'm guessing anything close to break even we'd offload him.

His age profile and talent ceiling kinda suggest it's a good point to move him on.

We did have enquiries about his availability during the summer but knocked them all back.

Napoli in particular but heard rumours of a couple of other teams abroad expressing interest

How much we'd get I have no idea, but he is well regarded still. I'm guessing anything close to break even we'd offload him.

His age profile and talent ceiling kinda suggest it's a good point to move him on.
There were clubs in Germany interested last season but he is becoming a bit injury prone now, there will be interest but I'm not sure it will be at what level, he probably suits the Italian league tbh.

No I'm not ignoring anything but 26-29 is prime age range for any sportsperson so if its merely down to different systems and if the guy does have talent, he has a low release fee by all accounts so why did no other club come in for him when he was clearly out of favour then?

He left right at the end of the window. He just turned 26 too. He was involved a bit in August for Stuttgart so perhaps still saw a way for himself to stay and then realised he wasn't which is why it was a quick turnaround deal done on the final day. Still gets to play CL football and it's a loan so he has an option still of leaving this Jan to a better club.

Sometimes there is more to a transfer than just this player is not good/this player is good.

One of the few players we have in contract mind.

Takeover or no, i just dont see us bringing in 13 players next window - nor probably should we.

There were clubs in Germany interested last season but he is becoming a bit injury prone now, there will be interest but I'm not sure it will be at what level, he probably suits the Italian league tbh.

Speaking of Germany I'd look to replace him with Luca Netz the under 21 German at Gladbach, reminds me a lot of baines with his delivery.

Get in Ebimbe on the right from Frankfurt, two players the right side of 25 so fits the recruitment system we need, both affordable as well, and both would significantly improve us as a team

He left right at the end of the window. He just turned 26 too. He was involved a bit in August for Stuttgart so perhaps still saw a way for himself to stay and then realised he wasn't which is why it was a quick turnaround deal done on the final day. Still gets to play CL football and it's a loan so he has an option still of leaving this Jan to a better club.

Sometimes there is more to a transfer than just this player is not good/this player is good.
Will agree to disagree mate

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back