Everton January transfer window 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moutinho is Portuguese, as I recall from the 1000 pages thread when Moyes wanted him.
As is Silva, whilst Gueye is Ghanaian, Hazard is Belgian , Fabinho is Brazilian and Mahrez Algerian.....however I think he meant they were bought from France.....that said Gueye was bought from Villa and Doucoure from Watford.

Let’s just see what happens, I’d be happy with some proper outgoings and the perhaps a shock loan move at the death - you never know.
I’m sure I heard Donnarumma mentioned somewhere....or maybe I just imagined it? Either way would be a decent option.

I don't think Brands and Carlo feel there is the right available quality in January.

We are effectively pushing for a European spot with 8 to 10 teams due to the league being so tight. Also those players who are on the cusp of European qualification in their own teams so we have to offer some big carrots to the club and the player.

If we could bring in a player or two, we would almost certainly have to move at least Besic, Bolasie or Bernard due to their wages.

I think Roma would happily include Olsen in a swap with Bernard. If we rate Bernard at £10-£12m and Olsen around £4-6m, it would benefit us greatly with freed up wages, looks good for FFP not to mention a couple of quid for a replacement PLUS we have another loan spot available.

Ultimately we certainly have targets but it might not be the right time to go for them.

Superimposed1610670265218.jpg

January Transfer Window

Our last two rushed January signings were Tosun and Walcott so yeah, especially in today's climate, I wouldn't want to take the risk in bringing in more over-priced dross. We're halfway through the season more or less and have 32 points with two games in hand (City and Villa). If we can replicate our first half of the season form in the second half of the season, (with Chelsea, Arsenal looking Vulnerable, along with Spurs inconsistency and I also believe Leicester will fall away too) then the fourth spot isn't far out of our reach.

Our last two rushed January signings were Tosun and Walcott so yeah, especially in today's climate, I wouldn't want to take the risk in bringing in more over-priced dross. We're halfway through the season more or less and have 32 points with two games in hand (City and Villa). If we can replicate our first half of the season form in the second half of the season, (with Chelsea, Arsenal looking Vulnerable, along with Spurs inconsistency and I also believe Leicester will fall away too) then the fourth spot isn't far out of our reach.
Yeah, we can really count on our backup strikrr...*checks notes*... Gylfi Sigurdsson and our always fit right back Seamus Coleman along with our athletic and mobile midfielders in Ton Davies and Andres Gomes.

It's not realistic to think our seriously lackluster squad is anywhere near the same level as other squads. We really need to add.

Richarlison is our back up striker, we were just unlucky that both were not fit, plus, we won the game against Wolves. I'd rather not waste money. Our squad is decent and versatile.
Yeah, we can really count on our backup strikrr...*checks notes*... Gylfi Sigurdsson and our always fit right back Seamus Coleman along with our athletic and mobile midfielders in Ton Davies and Andres Gomes.

It's not realistic to think our seriously lackluster squad is anywhere near the same level as other squads. We really need to add.

Brands has come out with his 'ideal' squad numbers again

GK × 3
DF × 8
MF × 6/7
FW × 6

My guess is they see:

GK: Pickford / Olsen / Virginia

DF: Digne / Nkounkou / Godfrey / Mina / Holgate / Keane / Coleman

MF: Allan / Doucoure / Davies / Sigurdsson

FW: Richarlison / Gordon / DCL / James / Iwobi

So we need 1×DF + 2×MF + 1×FW

4 players more...