Votes: 28 6.6%
  • Atari

Votes: 40 9.4%
  • Other (Please State)

Votes: 52 12.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dont know if it has been mentioned before but wouldnt getting Sport Pesa as our shirt sponsor be contradictory given the deal we signed with William Hill as our official betting partner? Obviously any deal with SportPesa would trump our deal with WH, but im guessing any negotiations with our new shirt sponsor would have been occurring for the majority of 2016 and to have both representing us in some format would be strange to me.

Is the FF sponsorship really worth £75m over 5 years?

I doubt it seeing as whatever we get in shirt sponsorship is surely going to be greater, but can an Usmanov controlled entity directly (shirt) sponsor Everton?

Very exciting either way.

Is the FF sponsorship really worth £75m over 5 years?

I doubt it seeing as whatever we get in shirt sponsorship is surely going to be greater, but can an Usmanov controlled entity directly (shirt) sponsor Everton?

Very exciting either way.

From The Times, Paul Joyce:

"Everton have secured a sponsorship deal with a Russian company founded by one of Arsenal’s biggest shareholders, Alisher Usmanov.

USM Holdings has become the club’s training ground partner in a move that will lead to the facility being renamed USM Finch Farm from this month for an initial five years. It is one tranche of a £75 million deal that has been the struck by the Goodison Park club.

Usmanov set up the company in 2012 and the chairman of the board of directors is Farhad Moshiri, Everton’s major shareholder.

Moshiri bought a 49.9 per cent stake in Everton last February after first selling a minor stake in Arsenal to Usmanov, who now owns a 30.04 per cent stake in the north London club.

The prospect of a conflict of interest would arise only if Usmanov was involved in the management of two rival clubs, but the Premier League are satisfied that no rules have been broken. Moshiri would be in breach of Financial Fair Play rules only if Everton were benefiting from private investment rather than commercial revenue.

The £75 million deal also includes USM becoming the new shirt sponsor. Overall, the cash windfall would seem to be in line with market values.

Nevertheless, the link with Usmanov’s business portfolio will do nothing to quell the rumours that he could eventually team up at Everton with Moshiri, who has already given the Merseyside club an £80 million interest-free loan.

Moshiri told shareholders at a general meeting on Wednesday that he bought Everton after growing tired of having no say in the running of Arsenal.

“I had looked at a number of clubs. Having been at Arsenal for a long time as a minority shareholder I just wanted to be involved in a club,” he said. “The reason why I got into Arsenal is because my business partner [Usmanov] is a crazy fan of Arsenal and I just went with him. We do most things together.”

Businesses within USM Holdings include Metalloinvest, the largest mining company in Russia and MegaFon, one of the county’s leading tele-communications operators."

Seems like the £75m deal could be made up of many different aspects.

Very smart move from Moshiri, i often believed that Moshiri would sponsor various things like the stadium and shirts for example. We only have to look at the Shiekh's at city. Etihad is one of the most renowned names in their sector, why ? Because football is watched by billions a year.

I personally think that given moshiri's and Usmanov's connections to the steel industry will play into our hands regarding a new stadium.

The aim is to get the club self sufficient whilst using sponsors to advertise their own contacts. Invest a few hundred million into the stadium to attract further investment, maybe moshiri could sell half his stake for what he paid for 49% and still be on the board.

All i know is for the first time in my life we have a owner who knows what he is doing. (No dogs at Kenwright btw).

This is Everton though so although im excited, i will believe in Moshiri when i see us beat Liverpool 5-0 on the final day to become champions.

Messi hatrick, Ronaldo with one and Zlatan with a screamer. Barkley lifts the trophy :cheers:

Its always nice to have a dream.

werthers-original-logo.jpg

The plot suddenly thickens regarding Usmanov here doesn't it? I know @The Esk has a strong viewpoint in terms of why Usmanov is unlikely to jump on-board with Moshiri, but no smoke without fire rings true here I believe. The fact that Joyce has highlighted it now makes me think that Usmanov remaining at Arsenal isn't all that cut and dried.

USM Holdings U might be familiar sight soon. If that will be our kit sponsor too it will probs will be done in white like Chang. Red U doesnt stand out properly from blue backgroud.
Interesting times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back