Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton at Manchester United: Preview, Start time, TV info and How To Watch via Royal Blue Mersey

130746678.0.jpg

Wayne Rooney Testimonial – Gamethread

Former Evertonian Wayne Rooney will get a testimonial game tonight featuring his current club Manchester United and his boyhood side the Blues. The game at Old Trafford, between his only two professional clubs, will mark 12 years at United. His Everton career lasted barely two seasons, but the player was born and raised a Toffee.

Rooney has had a tumultuous relationship with Everton fans since his departure for the Red Devils, often coming in for abuse from sections of Goodison Park. However, in the twilight of his career he seems to have smoothed over some of those cracks with an appearance in royal blue last season in Duncan Ferguson’s testimonial, and has been seen with his two sons at an Everton home game as well.

Click here to read the Liverpool Echo’s top ten Wayne Rooney Everton moments.

As for the game itself, it’ll be Jose Mourinho’s first at Old Trafford as manager of United, so expect plenty of spotlight on the Portuguese diva. United have spent heavily over this summer transfer window, so look out for new signings Eric Bailly, Henrik Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. For Everton, new defensive midfielder Idrissa Gueye might also get a run out.

Rooney's testimonial will make history as the first ever game between Premier League teams to be streamed live on social media site Facebook, and will be available to 1.7 billion people worldwide on the Manchester United and Wayne Rooney Facebook pages.

Proceeds from the game will be going to Rooney's four chosen charities, Alder Hey Children’s Hospital, Claire House Children’s Hospice, the National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children and the Manchester United Foundation. Rooney said:

"I am delighted my testimonial game will be streamed globally, which will hopefully raise awareness and increase donations."

Rooney also spoke of his happiness at Everton being involved –

“I think before the game and at the end I might get a bit emotional.

“But come kick-off it’ll be a normal game and it’ll act as good preparation for me and the other players, as we’ll get more minutes under our belts going into the new campaign.

“I’m grateful to Everton for the time I spent there. I was there from the age of nine to 18 and they helped me to progress to become a senior footballer.

“So I felt it was right to ask Everton and they have been very supportive of the game, so I’d like to thank them as well.”

Everton at Manchester United

Match Details

Date and time: Wednesday, August 3rd at 8:00 p.m. BST / 3:00 p.m. EST / 12:00 p.m. PST

Stadium: Old Trafford, Greater Manchester, England

Capacity: 75,635

How to Watch/Listen

TV: LiveSoccerTV

Radio: N/A

Live stream: Manchester United Facebook

Lineups: TBA

Everton starting XI – Stekelenburg, Coleman, Baines, Funes Mori, Stones, Holgate, McCarthy, Barry, Barkley, Deulofeu, Lukaku.

Everton subs – Joel, Oviedo, Galloway, Gibson, Cleverley, Besic, Davies, Kone, Mirallas, Lennon.

United starting XI – De Gea, Valencia, Bailly, Blind, Shaw, Carrick, Herrera, Lingard, Rooney, Martial, Ibrahimovic.

United subs – Johnstone, Romero, Darmian, Jones, Rojo. Fellaini, Mata, Mkhitaryan, Schneiderlin, Young, Memphis, Rashford

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton expected to improve offer for Swansea’s Ashley Williams via The Guardian

• Swansea turned down £10m bid for defender
• Wales captain open to move to Merseyside
Everton are expected to test Swansea City’s resolve to keep Ashley Williams with an improved offer for the Wales defender.

The Goodison Park club were hopeful of signing the 31-year-old for £10m earlier this week only for Swansea to announce they had “turned down the offer currently on the table”. Williams, who is believed to be open to a move to Merseyside, has two years on his contract and remains a target for the new Everton manager, Ronald Koeman.

Related: Roberto Martínez appointed as new Belgium head coach

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

2nd Bid Pending via GrandOldTeam

williams-150x150.jpg

Everton are expected to make an improved offer for Swansea’s Ashley Williams.

Ronald Koeman is keen to add some depth and experience to Everton’s defence with Jagielka missing pre-season through injury and uncertainty surrounding the future of John Stones.

Everton were hopeful of signing the 31-year-old for £10m earlier this week only for Swansea to announce they had “turned down the offer currently on the table”.

Koeman: “We’re working hard to bring in good players. It’s not respectful to talk about players who are not players of Everton, but we hope to bring some new players in as soon as possible.”

The post 2nd Bid Pending appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu says conceding late goals ‘became a habit’ under Roberto Martinez but holds no grudges towards the Belgium boss via Daily Mail

Gerard Deulofeu talks about Everton's capitulation, his 'natural connection' with Romelu Lukaku, his relationship with Roberto Martinez and the 'special talent' that is John Stones.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Belgium FA advertised for their new national team boss and plumped for Roberto Martinez… does he fit the bill? via Daily Mail

Roberto Martinez was appointed the new Belgium head coach after Belgian FA opened the application process to the public. Sportsmail assess whether they came to the right decision.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back