Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lamina Kone at Finch Farm ahead of Everton switch via NSNO

Sunderland defender Lamina Kone was at Finch Farm with his agent this afternoon as Everton close in on another big money signing this summer.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Report: Bolasie Offer Accepted by Crystal Palace via Royal Blue Mersey

500342834.0.jpg

After multiple attempts, the Toffees appear to have their man.

According to a Sky Sports report, Crystal Palace has accepted Everton’s latest bid for Yannick Bolasie. The price tag could rise to as high as £30m which would make this the Toffee’s most expensive signing ever. The previous record has been the £28m spent on striker Romelu Lukaku in 2014.

Reports of the latest bid came after an offer of £18m was turned down earlier in the day; signalling that management decided to open their pocketbooks more after confirming that John Stones would be leaving for Manchester City for £47.5m on Tuesday.

The report continues by stating that they player could have his medical on Wednesday and be available for selection in the season opener this weekend.

Bolasie, 27 has been with Palace since 2012 after joining the club from Bristol City. Though born in Lyon, France, Bolasie represents the Democratic Republic of Congo, having picked up 27 caps for the African nation.

After a relatively quiet summer transfer window, Ronald Koeman and his staff seem to be picking up the pace. Additional reports have Everton on the verge of signing Swansea captain Ashley Williams as replacement for John Stones. There are also reports that Sunderland defender Lamine Kone could be on the way as well.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

John Stones: a rare talent but value only if Pep Guardiola removes the flaws | Andy Hunter via The Guardian

Manchester City will be able to justify Stones’s label as the most expensive defender in English football history at £47.5m if the former Everton player avoids taking unnecessary risks and fulfils his rich promise
It was 3 January 2016, the closing minutes of Tottenham Hotspur’s visit to Goodison Park, and Everton were on the brink of their first point in three home matches when John Stones took possession inside his penalty area with Son Heung-min breathing down his neck. What followed demonstrated the composure, the class and the overindulgence of the most expensive defender in English football history. Remove the flaw, and Pep Guardiola may not have to justify £47.5m for a foundation of the Manchester City defence for years to come.

Related: Manchester City complete £47.5m signing of John Stones from Everton

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

John Stones moves to Manchester City from Everton via Royal Blue Mersey

GettyImages-482789040.0.jpg

The England defender has been sold for £47.5m, with £2.5m in add-ons.

Manchester City have finally completed a deal to sign Everton defender John Stones.

The fee is believed to be in the region of £47.5m though that could rise to £50m including add-ons.

Initial fee for Stones: £47.5m
Add ons: £1.25m each time City win CL during his time at the club (max twice)
Total could therefore be £50m

— Paul Hirst (@hirstclass) August 9, 2016

The deal ends a summer-long quest by City to land the England international and leaves Everton short of defensive cover with just four days to go until the new Premier League season.

Everton were always reluctant sellers but made it clear to Man City that any deal would only start at £50m, especially with the Blues then having to pay 15% of the transfer fee to Barnsley who they had originally bought the player from.

In the end it seems the initial fee has been knocked down during the negotiations but could well hit £50m depending on Stone’s and Man City’s progress over the next few seasons.

Speculation had intensified early on Tuesday when Stones was named in Man City’s Champions League squad, despite no deal yet being announced.

It also added a touch of farce to what was already becoming a tedious transfer saga, coming as it did just 12 months after Chelsea’s botched attempts at signing the defender.

Now the deal is done though Everton can’t sit around feeling sort for themselves. Ronald Koeman and Steve Walsh must act quickly to bring in replacements.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Departed defender thanks Everton organization and fans via Royal Blue Mersey

485286592.0.jpg

Stones farewell message

John Stones has posted a note on his Instagram page thanking everyone at Everton for his time at the club. The defender was sold to Manchester City earlier this morning for £47.5m, with £2.5m in add-ons.

Toffees midfielder Ross Barkley posted a picture with Stones on Instagram as well, saying he was ‘gutted’.

The statement alongside the montage of pictures with the player read –

I would also like to say a huge thank you to everyone connected to @everton for their help and support during my time at the club and I wish them all the best. Would like to say a special thanks to the Chairman, fans and also all of my teammates, thanks for everything lads will miss you all!

I would also like to say a huge thank you to everyone connected to @everton for their help and support during my time at the club and I wish them all the best. Would like to say a special thanks to the Chairman, fans and also all of my teammates, thanks for everything lads will miss you all!

A photo posted by John Stones (@johnstonesofficial) on Aug 9, 2016 at 9:13am PDT

Stones kept it classy despite having had a rocky relationship at times with the fans, especially last season when his form dipped and reports came out that he had asked for a transfer amidst the attention from Chelsea.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Barkley expresses disappointment over Stones transfer via Royal Blue Mersey

499062554.0.jpg

Gutted to see him leave

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley shared a picture on Instagram of him and former Toffees defender John Stones from their time together in the England Euro 2016 camp, saying –

“Gutted to see my mate leave today, going to miss him around the place and on the pitch. All the best lad.“

Gutted to see my mate leave today, going to miss him around the place and on the pitch. All the best lad.

A photo posted by Ross Barkley (@rossbarkley) on Aug 9, 2016 at 3:48am PDT

While it’s easy for fans to express satisfaction or disappointment when players get transferred, this is a reminder that footballers are humans too and prone to the same emotions that fans often vent as well.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back