Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton at West Brom: Premier League Matchday 2 via Royal Blue Mersey

GettyImages-490447846.0.jpg

Everton travel to West Bromwich Albion for their first Premier League away game of the season.

Four Four Two did some number-crunching and came up with a list for every Premier League team of the average points-per-game cost or benefit that every referee has had for them in the middle of last season.

The match official who that study said Everton fans should love was referee Neil Swarbrick, who resulted in +0.426 points over six games officiated in the Premier League. In fact, over all competitions, the Blues are unbeaten in regulation time in nine games that Swarbrick has officiated, with the only loss coming in a penalty shootout two seasons ago in the FA Cup.

–—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—-—

Match Officials details –

Referee: Neil Swarbrick

Assistants:D Cann, D Eaton

Fourth official: S Duncan

Neil Swarbrick’s Everton record –

Swarbrick%20Everton.JPG
World Football

Neil Swarbrick Everton record

Referee data courtesy of World Football

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Newcastle United tracking Sebastien Haller with Everton also interested in £8m-rated Utrecht striker via Daily Mail

Newcastle have expressed interest in Sebastien Haller at Utrecht. The 22-year-old has also been discussed by Everton in recent weeks and is a target for Sporting Lisbon and Monaco.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Bolasie: Lukaku wanted me to come here for ages via Royal Blue Mersey

500341212.0.jpg

New winger talked to the press earlier today

Everton’s latest signing winger Yannick Bolasie spoke to the media ahead of Ronald Koeman’s pre-match press conference today.

He mentioned his friendship with Everton forward Romelu Lukaku –

“I know Rom from ages ago – he’s been wanting me to come here for ages but I’ve always told him that I was kind of settled where I was.

“Now I’ve taken the step and I’m looking forward to it.

“It’s a big step for myself. It was a no-brainer to come to Everton because I knew about the players here and the quality that runs throughout the Club with the training ground and supporters.

“I look at Ronald Koeman as a manager who is one of the best in the Premier League. You can see what he did at Southampton and you automatically think that he could do that for Everton as well. I do think Everton are one of the biggest clubs in the Premier League.”

Bolasie also mentioned that he has been getting comfortable at Finch Farm –

“I’m settling in really quickly,” he said. “It’s a different system to Palace but once I get used to it I think I will hit the ground running, to be honest.

“I haven’t really played that much in pre-season with Palace – I’ve been in and out – but I’m getting sharper and I feel good.

“Competition is part of football. The higher you go the more competition you are going to get. But that kind of stuff, I look forward to.

“I’ve been grafting for ages now. It’s nothing new. It’s also good because it keeps you on your toes.

“What I find is that I’ll probably get the ball in better areas and cause more damage.

“When I think about the price tag it hasn’t hit me. When someone says 25 or 28 I just think I’m here to play football. I come and enjoy the game.

“I’ve only been here three days but I’ve seen the quality. I know what’s achievable. I’ve not had time to reflect but my family go through where I started and it makes me think I’ve come a long way.”

He was also asked about where he felt his strengths lie –

“I’d say left is where I am most comfortable and where people would see me do most of my magic.”

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Barcelona bid £10m for Jasper Cillessen as they prepare to sell Claudio Bravo to Manchester City via Daily Mail

Barcelona have made a £10million move for Ajax goalkeeper Jasper Cillessen, who has emerged as their preferred target, in a deal that will trigger Claudio Bravo's move to Manchester City.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Koeman: Coleman still out, Lukaku close, decisions made on Niasse and McGeady via Royal Blue Mersey

585573552.0.jpg

Manager’s pre-match quotes as Blues go to Baggies

Ronald Koeman’s press conferences so far have been very honest and to-the-point affairs. He addressed the collected media today ahead of Everton’s game at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday, and there was more of the same again.

WATCH: Missed @RonaldKoeman's live pre-@WBA press conference? Watch back here – https://t.co/x3l4Xfjx6d #EFC

— Everton (@everton) August 18, 2016

On Everton’s latest signing, winger Yannick Bolasie –

“Yannick will be part of the squad. Whether he starts or is on the bench, we will decide. Yannick is fast, strong, gives the team energy. He is one of the best wingers in the league.

“If you pay that amount of money for a player, it is an important transfer. I told him that he’d been on my list for a long time.

“It’s a big signing for us. I hope it’s the best for him and the best for Everton.”

When asked about the rumours linking the club with England national team goalkeeper Joe Hart –

"I don't like to talk about rumours. Today it's Joe Hart, tomorrow it will be (someone else).

"We need three goalkeepers"

Staying on the topic of transfers while the window is still open –

"We made a fast decision about Niasse, we made a fast decision about McGeady.

"If he (Niasse) likes to play football then he needs to leave."

As far as players possibly leaving Everton, with rumours of approaches for midfielder James McCarthy –

“He was in the team last week”

Koeman then went into the team news –

“Romelu did his first training session this morning without any problem. I need to make a decision tomorrow if he is part of the squad for Saturday.

“Ashley Williams started pre-season later and he has had five days [training at Finch Farm] and is closer to being part of the team. Maybe he will be in the squad. We need to make the decision tomorrow.

"Seamus Coleman is not ready. He’ll be out for another two weeks at least."

So, more tough-talking from the manager, and as fans we’ve got to love it hearing Koeman saying things like they are.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

New Everton man Ashley Williams admits he supported Liverpool as a kid ahead of his Toffees debut via Daily Mail

Ashley Williams knew this moment was coming. Halfway through his first interview as an Everton player, he is asked to go back to his childhood. Instantly, a telling smile starts to emerge.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Legendary Everton scout passes away via Royal Blue Mersey

497559392.0.jpg

Benson responsible for Barkley, Rooney, Jeffers and more

Famous Everton scout Sid Benson passed away late yesterday. The talent-spotter was widely renowned for discovering skillful players like Ross Barkley currently, and former players like Francis Jeffers and Danny Cadarmateri. He also was responsible for bringing Wayne Rooney through the ranks at the Toffees, and discovering Leighton Baines as well. Benson was 74 at the time of his death.

Both Barkley and Jeffers passed messages of condolence for the scout on Twitter, with the club and former player Kevin Sheedy also chiming in.

Sad to hear Sid Benson has passed away today, only spoke to him last night. Rest in peace mate, thanks for everything.

— Ross Barkley (@RBarkley20) August 17, 2016

No words can describe the sadness today , SID you are a absolute legend I can't thank you enough for all you done for me RIP mate

— Francis Jeffers (@FJ10official) August 17, 2016

We join Ross and so many more in mourning Sid’s passing. Our thoughts are with his wife, Ann, and all of the family. https://t.co/qlwJ8PrcKg

— Everton (@everton) August 18, 2016

Really sad news about Sid Benson. Will be sorely missed. RIP Sid @Everton

— Kevin Sheedy (@kevin11sheedy) August 17, 2016

Benson’s credentials were undoubted, and his eye for a good forward was widely renowned.

Sad news about Sid Benson, worked with him a number of years at the club! Brought some of our best talents through pic.twitter.com/yxh8Kb1WM2

— Everton All Sorts (@EvertonAllSorts) August 17, 2016

Here is a story about one of his most famous recruits –

Barks1.jpg

Barkley 1
Barks2.jpg

Barkley 2
Barks3.jpg

Barkley 3
Barks4.jpg

Barkley 4

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Transfer news LIVE: Crystal Palace close on Christian Benteke, the latest on Joe Hart plus all the deals from the Premier League and around Europe via Daily Mail

The madness of this summer's transfer market shows no sign of coming to an end with Christian Benteke close to a £32million move to Crystal Palace. Follow all the latest with Sportsmail.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back