Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ticket Bulletin – 8 September via Official EFC

75022deb25d643daa1bde54fe45b4690.jpg
Welcome to the ticket bulletin for Thursday 8 September. The bulletin will provide Evertonians with information on all Premier League and cup matches under new manager Ronald Koeman. The information w…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Bolasie on settling in at Everton via GrandOldTeam

bolasieefc-150x150.jpg

Yannick Bolasie is settling in well at Everton.

Bolasie told Everton’s official website: “I am settling in well, even though there has been a little bit of disruption with going away on international duty. Off the pitch, I’ve not seen much of Liverpool yet because I have been away in DR Congo.

“I have just moved in to a new place but literally the day after, I was on a plane.”

Bolasie has been on international duty with DR Congo as they secured their place at the Africa Cup of Nations in January.

“It was a good result for us because we needed a win or a draw to qualify. It was great to go on and get a win for our home crowd. We played in front of nearly 100,000 people so to win for them and for the country was good.

“It’s incredible to play in front of that amount of fans but we get that at training to be honest. I have been playing for DR Congo for three years now so it is becoming normal for me.

“For all the new players that come into the team, though, they stand there in shock because they can’t believe there are so many people who support the team. But in Congo, it’s the same as here at Everton, the fans are passionate about their football and their team.

“For me, going back to Congo is always an eye-opener. It makes you appreciate the things that you have got in life. To be amongst the people and be able to make them happy makes me feel even better.

“It doesn’t matter that I was born in England. I can speak the language – Lingala – and my parents are from there. Every time I wear it, I do my all for the shirt and the country whenever I step out onto the field. The fans have taken me as one of their own.”

The post Bolasie on settling in at Everton appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Koeman on McCarthy and Coleman via GrandOldTeam

o-JAMES-MCCARTHY-facebook-150x150.jpg

Ronald Koeman has revealed he will be without James McCarthy for the next three weeks.

McCarthy, who missed Everton’s 1-0 win over Stoke City and was forced to pull out of the Republic of Ireland’s squad for the opening World Cup qualifier in Serbia, is now doubtful for a further five games before returning to action.

McCarthy’s compatriot Seamus Coleman however, has been declared fit to start Monday’s Premier League fixture at Sunderland.

Koeman: “James McCarthy has had groin surgery and will be out for three weeks.

“Seamus was fit to play and he has come back without any reaction. He is now fit to start.”

The post Koeman on McCarthy and Coleman appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Southall: “He’s an Everton manager” via GrandOldTeam

nevillesouthall-150x150.jpg

Neville Southall reckons Ronald Koeman is “a really good fit” for Everton and is “an Everton manager”.

Southall told Omnisport : “I think Koeman’s a really good fit,”

“He doesn’t talk much rubbish. He doesn’t bamboozle you with stuff. He comes out and tells it as it is. He’s very calm as well.

“I think he’s an Everton manager. Lots of people aren’t.

“For a while, he’s the best manager we’ve had.

“He will give them that, I hope… the Dutch arrogance, where they go out and believe they’re a good team. And I think that was missing a lot of times.

“I think the way he wants to play, we’ll impose our strengths on the opposition.”

Southall believes Koeman has already raised the level of several key players and welcomed the acquisition of Wales defender Ashley Williams from Swansea City.

“The whole club’s positive. He’s got [Kevin] Mirallas playing better, [Ross] Barkley’s playing better.

“And the signing of Ashley Williams, I think he’s been brilliant. He’s now a Rolls Royce. I think he’s as good as he’s ever going to get. We’ve got him in his prime really.

“He’s knows everything and he’s a good leader. With him at the back, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t keep more clean sheets.

“I’d be gutted if we finish outside the top six, absolutely gutted. Even with the squad we’ve got now. They’ve got everything they need.”

The post Southall: “He’s an Everton manager” appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

David Luiz, Jack Wilshere, Claudio Bravo and the other stars preparing for EPL debuts via Daily Mail

Since the last round of fixtures a fortnight ago we have been treated to the frantic conclusion of a summer transfer window that saw English top-flight clubs shell out a combined sum in excess of £1billion.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back