Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Ham boss Slaven Bilic says the blame lies solely with his players after sixth defeat of the season at Everton via Daily Mail

Slaven Bilic offered no excuses for the latest defeat in West Ham's erratic season and insisted his players only had themselves to blame. Bilic refused to see the defeat as being a harsh result.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Second half confidence was ‘the difference’ says Everton manager Ronald Koeman – video via The Guardian

Everton manager Ronald Koeman praises his side’s second half performance in their win over West Ham. Speaking after the 2-0 result on Sunday, Koeman contrasted the two halves by highlighting the differing levels of confidence exhibited by his team, later stating “that was the difference”

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton 2-0 West Ham via GrandOldTeam

rombolasie-150x150.jpg

Report written by jackyboy

And just like that the “mini-blip” was over.

The Stek and Jagielka were out due to MS failing a fitness and Jagielka playing like a cabbage for a fortnight. Robles and Funes-Mori were the replacements.

Everton

Robles

Coleman
Williams
RFM
Oviedo

Gueye
Barry
Barkley

Mirallas
Lukaku
Bolasie.

West Ham

Adrian

Edmilson
Reid
Ogbonna
Cresswell

Noble
Obiang
Kouyate

Lanzini
Antonio
Payet

First Half

The first half was described by the arl fella next to me, as “possibly the worst half of football I’ve ever seen”. Difficult really to argue too much. West Ham started much the brighter, the mohican sporting imp that is Payet was seemingly everywhere. Ogbonna also should have done much better and we were let off the hook once more. Although the closest either side came to a goal was a fantastic tip over by the oblong headed galoot that is Adrian from a deflected Barkley shot.

Second Half

Everton seemingly woke up after half time, with Bolasie and Barkley actually realising that West Ham are last and starting to go at them. Bolasie after being called all the names under the sun by yer da, then does what he does best by setting up the “Slayer of all things Brexit” through sheer graft..Adrian could parried Coleman’s effort out and Bolasie was on hand to dig the ball across to Rom, who headed home. Barkley was really beginning to take the game to them, and put the game beyond the bubble blowing beauts by playing a 50 yard 1-2 with Lukaku before a lovely left foot low finish. Jagielka and Cleverley then came on and both did well before Lennon was brought on to add some extra legs on the break.

A welcome win at what was seemingly a hungover Goodison today.

Special mention must go to Bolasie thinking he was playing joga bonito and getting it all wrong, Ashley Williams doing his best to play Antonio in, yer da with the megaphone trying to wake people up, West Ham fans singing sign on……..

Finally anytime we beat Mark Noble is a good day in my book.

We’ll face more difficult games, and we’re nowhere near the finished article.

But unbeaten at home, 5 points off the top, 6th, 2nd best defence in the league. Things could be much worse.

Onwards and upwards blues!!

The post Everton 2-0 West Ham appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Koeman on Barkley via GrandOldTeam

barkleywestham-150x150.jpg

Ronald Koeman has praised Ross Barkley’s work-rate during Everton’s 2-0 win over West Ham.

Koeman: “It was one of his best (performances) of this season. I think he was working hard, he was tackling, offensively he was important in the game.

“The West Ham goalkeeper Adrian made an incredible save in the first half and he scored the second goal.“He was really the player between the defence and the front to create and that is what you like to see.

“That’s what you need to do and then, normally, these kind of players, with the individual qualities that they have, they make the difference.”

“It was a total team performance today. Ross Barkley had more impact in the last part of our attacking, not only in scoring but he was dangerous throughout. That’s what the team needs.

“He can be very good, but it is all about knowing what you need to do. Sometimes I have to shout too much, he needs to run more.”

The post Koeman on Barkley appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Barkley “I came through a difficult spell” via GrandOldTeam

barkley-150x150.jpg

Ross Barkley reckons he has come through a difficult spell after his man-of-the-match performance in Everton’s 2-0 victory over West Ham.

“It meant a lot to me [His goal]” Barkley told Sky Sports.

“I haven’t scored for a few games now.

“I came through a difficult spell. I’ve just been working hard and today it paid off.”

The post Barkley “I came through a difficult spell” appeared first on GrandOldTeam.

Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Sergio Aguero is back to his deadly best for Manchester City… but Vincent Janssen is still finding his feet at Spurs via Daily Mail

JAMIE REDKNAPP: Sergio Aguero is a penalty box operator. He does the most damage when he gets into the area and scores goals. Against WBA he was in and around the box for most of the game.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton to pay staff living wage via The Guardian

Premier League club becomes latest of only five clubs, including Chelsea, to win accreditation by Living Wage Foundation

Everton has become the second Premier League club to pledge to pay all its staff at least the independently calculated living wage.

The Liverpool-based football club is being accredited by the Living Wage Foundation as the body prepares to announce this year’s minimum pay rate – which is based on a calculation of the amount employees and their families need to live.

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Everton star Ross Barkley has responded to ‘alarm bell’ of being dropped and is on route to being a ‘complete footballer,’ says Kilbane via Daily Mail

The 22-year-old did not feature in the 1-1 draw with Manchester City earlier this month but marked his place back in the side with a man-of-the-match performance and goal in Sunday's triumph.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back