Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Everton News

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everton put the press on but Klopp’s change lets Firmino float free | Michael Cox via The Guardian

Ronald Koeman’s side tried to squeeze the life out of Liverpool, yet moving the Brazilian into the centre gave the visitors the edge in a frenetic derby

This was an old‑fashioned derby with a modern twist: fast, furious, frantic and mainly based around pressing. Ronald Koeman’s Everton tried to match Liverpool’s intensity while playing direct passes into attack, creating a scrappy and disjointed contest.

The opening stages set the tone: Ross Barkley made a crunching tackle on Jordan Henderson and it was clear neither side would be able to settle. Idrissa Gueye and James McCarthy pushed up on to Adam Lallana and Georginio Wijnaldum, the Everton centre-backs kept a high line and Liverpool were squeezed into their own half. Their centre-backs were the only players with much time on the ball but an early mix-up between Ragnar Klavan and Dejan Lovren, going for the same ball, revealed their nervousness.

Related: Sadio Mané’s injury-time winner earns Liverpool dramatic derby victory

Related: Liverpool find the finish to take the edge off Everton’s furious intent | Paul Wilson

Continue reading…
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Seamus Coleman urges his Everton team-mates to ‘dust themselves down and go again’ after Liverpool defeat via Daily Mail

Seamus Coleman admits Everton have to make the most of the spells in games when they are on top following his side's disappointing 1-0 defeat by Merseyside rivals Liverpool.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

From my seat: Liverpool (H) via ToffeeWeb

"How could we play like that second half?" was going around my head. But, as a long standing attender of Goodison derbies, it certainly isn’t my first. These are games like no other but I just wish we could have a few where we are the ones scraping the win, regardless of how the teams play.
Read Full Article

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back