Everton on TV in USA

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is where the growing popularity of the EPL in the States hurts us. You can accidently stumble across a score in a lot of places now.

I was at a kids birthday party with a ton of parents I didn't know and it just so happened that a ton of them were huge EPL/European Leagues fans. There was a West Ham fan, an Arsenal fan, etc. Almost all of them knew the Everton score and I had to swear them to secrecy as I was watching the game that night. One of them was going on about how much they loved Cahill, and all the goals he scores, to the point that I got the sense that he must have scored that morning. Sure enough, he did. I was just hoping no one said "boy, that Hibbert scores some nice goals". That would be one surprise I do not want ruined.

This is also why we never want Everton to send us blast emails (Boston College, I am looking at you) about game results/write-ups. Imagine the BB buzzing at say 3 pm eastern on Saturday with "Everton knocks off ...."

Exactly. You basically have to stay off the internet all day so you don't see the score. Can't watch many of the other games either for fear of them spilling the beans during the match.

I never can wait.... I have to go to soccernet and watch scrolling updates and dots or find another alternative....

Last edited:
Exactly. You basically have to stay off the internet all day so you don't see the score. Can't watch many of the other games either for fear of them spilling the beans during the match.

It's awful. I hate tape delay days. As others have said, I can't even watch the other games (although FSC doesn't spill the beans if they are showing the game later so that's good).

FSC+ Sunday, December 26
12:00 PM Barclays Premier League
Everton v Birmingham City

FSC Tuesday, December 28 LIVE
12:30 PM Barclays Premier League
West Ham v Everton

I am still LOVING the pairing of Ian Darke and Steve Mcnanananannananan (sorry, can't remember how many a + n combos there are in his name).

They are animated and really truly work well with one another and their commentary is spot on. Plus, I find them funny! I was never bored.

Smart decision by ESPN.

I am still LOVING the pairing of Ian Darke and Steve Mcnanananannananan (sorry, can't remember how many a + n combos there are in his name).

They are animated and really truly work well with one another and their commentary is spot on. Plus, I find them funny! I was never bored.

Smart decision by ESPN.

Agreed.

Good, short piece in the recent Sports Illustrated on ESPN's hiring of Darke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back