Everton Players in Ireland team v Netherlands 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spot on

Joe is a legend and never used to miss a Bray match. I dint go much myself anymore, it's a different club nowadays with the new owners. Will be a first division club next season and then who knows.

James McCarthy was "rested" but should be in the squad for France. MON tried out quite a number of fringe players. From a Blue point of view, you may be interested in the ratings from RTE:

Seamus Coleman 7

Drove forward with his usual intent and intelligence. Did his primary duty as full-back well and needed a good run-out having not played for Everton since the middle of April. Always a starter.

Darron Gibson 6 (67 Whelan)

Still a puzzle, hard to argue for his inclusion barring injury to another midfielder

and one that I still regard as one of our own.....

Shane Duffy 7

Worked well with John O’Shea on his third appearance but had relatively little employment until the late goal, which dropped between him and his partner.

Was a threat up front throughout the second half and should have scored with two second-half headers.

Duffy only had three caps?

I would have thought he had more than that.....into double figures even.

Duffy only had three caps?

I would have thought he had more than that.....into double figures even.

Morning Khalekan!!

No, he hasn't really featured in the national team up to now. I still feel we should have kept him as he has shown such drive to come back from near-death to now challenging for a place on the national team.

Ah well........what do I know?

Morning Khalekan!!

No, he hasn't really featured in the national team up to now. I still feel we should have kept him as he has shown such drive to come back from near-death to now challenging for a place on the national team.

Ah well........what do I know?

Yes, we could have been doing with him at times over this past couple of seasons :)

Status
Not open for further replies.