Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
No English team ever loses by 7 goals in the Champions League, let alone the Champions, on a regular basis. You are the kings of your league, and the whipping boys of Europe. Do you not see how that reflects aptly on the level of your league?

Everton finished 8th in the Premier League and were an absolute shambles last season, so your comparison doesn't really make sense. Sir Brendan's all-conquering unbeaten globetrotters got utterly humiliated, once again, by real football teams.

At least Celtic were humiliated by the cream of European football. Everton were humiliated by a team who have never won Serie A, and have absolutely no European record worth talking about.

You're lording it over Celtic, while your own team have done very little. Can you not see your hypocrisy here?

At least Celtic were humiliated by the cream of European football. Everton were humiliated by a team who have never won Serie A, and have absolutely no European record worth talking about.

You're lording it over Celtic, while your own team have done very little. Can you not see your hypocrisy here?

He has a point, we leaked in 5 goals at home to Atalanta last term, not exactly pedigree is it

But he was highly rated at Swansea. :)

I accept the EPL is a much better league than the Scottish premiership, but there are some lazy stereotypes being used on this thread, probably mostly by people who probably don't even watch Scottish football.

I actually agree with him a little, the self entitlement to think someone like Tierney, who has been at celtic since 11, a boyhood celt, and has plenty of time on his side would prefer a move to us is a bit rich, considering the fume we chuck at any sooper bloo who has the gaul to leave there beloved boyhood blues. E.g Barkley, Rooney, Ball, Jeffers

What are you going on about Everton for, I never even mentioned them? I was talking about the state of Scottish football, because you’re bizarrely trying to make a case for it being somewhat competitive. A second string Everton in turmoil with a caretaker manager getting battered by Atalanta does nothing to back your point up. You’ll see when Burnley tan Aberdeen 5-0 on aggregate anyway.

I actually agree with him a little, the self entitlement to think someone like Tierney, who has been at celtic since 11, a boyhood celt, and has plenty of time on his side would prefer a move to us is a bit rich, considering the fume we chuck at any sooper bloo who has the gaul to leave there beloved boyhood blues. E.g Barkley, Rooney, Ball, Jeffers

;)

Tierney will eventually leave Celtic. There's no way we can hold onto him for his entire career, but he's on twenty grand a week, is playing with the team he loves, is winning trophies every season, and is surrounded by his family and friends. I can totally understand why there's no rush on his part to take the first move offered to him. From what I've been told, he's already turned down a move to an EPL club, and is happy to stay at Celtic.

While I concede the EPL is vastly superior to the Scottish premiership, and our best players will eventually end up there, not everyone has the attitude of getting out the first chance they get, though I admit the vast majority do. There has been some lazy stereotyping on this thread, from a couple of posters with an England is the centre of the universe mindset.

What are you going on about Everton for, I never even mentioned them? I was talking about the state of Scottish football, because you’re bizarrely trying to make a case for it being somewhat competitive. You’ll see when Burnley tan Aberdeen 5-0 on aggregate anyway.

Can you point out where I said it was competitive? It might be competitive this season, if Honey G turns out to be a good manager.

You seem to enjoy knocking Scottish football, but bristle when I point out Everton might not be all that.

Can you point out where I said it was competitive? It might be competitive this season, if Honey G turns out to be a good manager.

You seem to enjoy knocking Scottish football, but bristle when I point out Everton might not be all that.

lol do I actually think Everton are all that though? Throughout last season I did nothing but bemoan our godawful squad and managers. I’d gladly sell 75% of our first team players.

And no it’s not going to be competitive. Celtic are certain to win the league by at least 15 points and finish bottom of their Champions League/Europa League (delete as appropriate) group.

lol do I actually think Everton are all that though? Throughout last season I did nothing but bemoan our godawful squad and managers. I’d gladly sell 75% of our first team players.

And no it’s not going to be competitive. Celtic are certain to win the league by at least 15 points and finish bottom of their Champions League/Europa League (delete as appropriate) group.

Yet some people on this thread think Tierney should just drop everything, and sign for Everton, despite them admitting Everton have been a shambles. If that isn't a sense of entitlement, I don't know what it.

Has it occurred to you Tierney already has a great life? He earns a million pounds a year, he's playing for his boyhood heroes, and he wins trophies regularly. Maybe he's decided he'll only leave when he get's an offer that really tempts him, instead of signing for any EPL club, no matter their chances of wining trophies, just because it's the EPL, and he'll make more money. He's already happy. Why should he be desperate to leave Glasgow right away?

Yet some people on this thread think Tierney should just drop everything, and sign for Everton, despite them admitting Everton have been a shambles. If that isn't a sense of entitlement, I don't know what it.

Has it occurred to you Tierney already has a great life? He earns a million pounds a year, he's playing for his boyhood heroes, and he wins trophies regularly. Maybe he's decided he'll only leave when he get's an offer that really tempts him, instead of signing for any EPL club, no matter their chances of wining trophies, just because it's the EPL, and he'll make more money. He's already happy. Why should he be desperate to leave Glasgow right away?

Well for exactly that reason mate. Whether you like it or not, if quadruple a person’s weekly wage is being dangled in front of them, they are going to want it.

So if a top 6 side doesn’t come in for him in the next few years or a top team for Italy/Spain. He will stay in Scotland?

Well for exactly that reason mate. Whether you like it or not, if quadruple a person’s weekly wage is being dangled in front of them, they are going to want it.

In the majority of times, yes, but, if the rumours is true that he's already knocked back a move to an EPL club, it would appear Tierney isn't motivated solely by money.

Tell your what mate, you are way more arsed about this lad than anyone on here. I couldn’t give a rats ass if we sign him. He’s not winning us the Champions League. We sign him or we move on and sign someone else, I don’t really care.

So if a top 6 side doesn’t come in for him in the next few years or a top team for Italy/Spain. He will stay in Scotland?

I believe if one of the top five came in for him he would probably go, but he's happy where he is, and doesn't need to take the first offer he get's to go down south. He's a young man, and time is on his side. If he doesn't get an offer that tempts him, he's happy to stay where he is until he does get one.

Tell your what mate, you are way more arsed about this lad than anyone on here. I couldn’t give a rats ass if we sign him. He’s not winning us the Champions League. We sign him or we move on and sign someone else, I don’t really care.

You seem angry about this. I genuinely don't see what your beef is. Perhaps if I rubbished you club, and football set up, and called Everton players fishermen, who play in the Kuwaiti football league etc, or even called you a liar, the way a couple of posters on here have then I could well understand your anger, but I haven't done that.

I do however think if someone is rubbishing Celtic and/or Scottish football it's perfectly fair to point out that Everton haven't exactly set the heather on fire recently. Is that a problem for you MACCA, or do you only want happy clappers who say whatever you want to hear?

You seem angry about this. I genuinely don't see what your beef is. Perhaps if I rubbished you club, and football set up, and called Everton players fishermen, who play in the Kuwaiti football league etc, or even called you a liar, the way a couple of posters on here have then I could well understand your anger, but I haven't done that.

I do however think if someone is rubbishing Celtic and/or Scottish football it's perfectly fair to point out that Everton haven't exactly set the heather on fire recently. Is that a problem for you MACCA, or do you only want happy clappers who say whatever you want to hear?
Hmmm....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back