Transfer Rumour Everton poised to make £25m bid for Celtic full-back Kieran Tierney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe if one of the top five came in for him he would probably go, but he's happy where he is, and doesn't need to take the first offer he get's to go down south. He's a young man, and time is on his side. If he doesn't get an offer that tempts him, he's happy to stay where he is until he does get one.
That was my point none of the top 6 need him and probably won’t in 2/3 years. So he will move to a Leicester or the team that’s finished 4th in Italy. He will eventually leave. And if that’s to mid table prem team, that’s what it will be.

That was my point none of the top 6 need him and probably won’t in 2/3 years. So he will move to a Leicester or the team that’s finished 4th in Italy. He will eventually leave. And if that’s to mid table prem team, that’s what it will be.

Possibly. Worst case scenario, he stays for another season or two. Then if he still hasn't had an offer from the likes of Spurs, or Arsenal etc, he can just go for the money.

Tell your what mate, you are way more arsed about this lad than anyone on here. I couldn’t give a rats ass if we sign him. He’s not winning us the Champions League. We sign him or we move on and sign someone else, I don’t really care.

This really, the lad is very talented by all accounts and if we signed him I would be quite happy.

But hes not Mbappe like.

Yet some people on this thread think Tierney should just drop everything, and sign for Everton, despite them admitting Everton have been a shambles. If that isn't a sense of entitlement, I don't know what it.

Has it occurred to you Tierney already has a great life? He earns a million pounds a year, he's playing for his boyhood heroes, and he wins trophies regularly. Maybe he's decided he'll only leave when he get's an offer that really tempts him, instead of signing for any EPL club, no matter their chances of wining trophies, just because it's the EPL, and he'll make more money. He's already happy. Why should he be desperate to leave Glasgow right away?

Has he not won everything there is to win in Scotland?
This is a lot more than we got from Rooney before losing him to United.

With all due respect to you (I have shed loads of Celtic supporting friends and always have had a little grá for them myself) have you looked at some of the interactions between Celtic fans and Everton fans on the likes of twitter over this?

Everton were linked with Tierney by the media - as you'd expect this got many fans excited. The response from the web from Celtic fans was "Don't be ridiculous - Everton are crap. They don't win anything and are 10 times smaller.... " etc. Then Everton fans get involved in the "my daddy could beat up your daddy" style argument.... this has continued to where we are now.

Everyone needs to grow up. KT may not go anywhere at all this transfer window BUT you're kidding yourself if you think a move to Everton wouldn't be a good one for him. Everton have a great record developing young players and giving them a chance. He would be working in training every day with two of the best full-backs in the premier league over the last decade. In fact - for the player himself, I honestly don't think there'd be a better player for him to be playing with in world football than Seamus Coleman (his style of play and attitude reminds me so much of Seamie).

The money isn't the only reason that Everton would be a good place for him to go and for the player himself I honestly think Everton would be a better choice than the likes of United right now in terms of his development.

Has he not won everything there is to win in Scotland?
This is a lot more than we got from Rooney before losing him to United.

With all due respect to you (I have shed loads of Celtic supporting friends and always have had a little grá for them myself) have you looked at some of the interactions between Celtic fans and Everton fans on the likes of twitter over this?

Everton were linked with Tierney by the media - as you'd expect this got many fans excited. The response from the web from Celtic fans was "Don't be ridiculous - Everton are crap. They don't win anything and are 10 times smaller.... " etc. Then Everton fans get involved in the "my daddy could beat up your daddy" style argument.... this has continued to where we are now.

Everyone needs to grow up. KT may not go anywhere at all this transfer window BUT you're kidding yourself if you think a move to Everton wouldn't be a good one for him. Everton have a great record developing young players and giving them a chance. He would be working in training every day with two of the best full-backs in the premier league over the last decade. In fact - for the player himself, I honestly don't think there'd be a better player for him to be playing with in world football than Seamus Coleman (his style of play and attitude reminds me so much of Seamie).

The money isn't the only reason that Everton would be a good place for him to go and for the player himself I honestly think Everton would be a better choice than the likes of United right now in terms of his development.

I didn't say that it wouldn't. :confused:

I said, from what I've been told, he's happy at Celtic, and would only move if one of the top five club come in for him. I don't know for a fact if this is accurate, or not, it's just what I've heard.

You may well be correct about Everton, or Southampton etc being a good place for him to start his career down south, then if he does well then he will get a move to one of the top five clubs, rather than have to compete with international players as soon as he arrives, especially with Mourinho's lack of tolerance for young players.

I didn't say that it wouldn't. :confused:

I said, from what I've been told, he's happy at Celtic, and would only move if one of the top five club come in for him. I don't know for a fact if this is accurate, or not, it's just what I've heard.

You may well be correct about Everton, or Southampton etc being a good place for him to start his career down south, then if he does well then he will get a move to one of the top five clubs, rather than have to compete with international players as soon as he arrives, especially with Mourinho's lack of tolerance for young players.

Well apologies for putting words in your mouth then - it very much seemed like you were suggesting that there was no reason for KT to consider Everton as we don't have the pull that some of our fans think we have and he's not all about the money. Was pointing out there are other reasons for him to want to join Everton.

And no - I don't see any equivalency in him joining Southampton or Everton.. it's comments like this and the inference that Everton would be a stepping stone to a bigger club that come across as being designed specifically to irk people on here (that might not be your intention but it's certainly the result).

Anyway, as usual i'll be hoping Celtic do well this season - honestly think Antonee Robinson will do a job for yis. He's young but it'll do him well to get some game time in a team where he's not competing against full international players too. That said, he's got a few caps himself so it might not worry him.... just like I doubt it'd worry KT.

Well apologies for putting words in your mouth then - it very much seemed like you were suggesting that there was no reason for KT to consider Everton as we don't have the pull that some of our fans think we have and he's not all about the money. Was pointing out there are other reasons for him to want to join Everton.

And no - I don't see any equivalency in him joining Southampton or Everton.. it's comments like this and the inference that Everton would be a stepping stone to a bigger club that come across as being designed specifically to irk people on here (that might not be your intention but it's certainly the result).

Anyway, as usual i'll be hoping Celtic do well this season - honestly think Antonee Robinson will do a job for yis. He's young but it'll do him well to get some game time in a team where he's not competing against full international players too. That said, he's got a few caps himself so it might not worry him.... just like I doubt it'd worry KT.

I can assure you that definitely wasn't my intention.

When I was young Everton were the league champions, I still can't believe they blew the chance of appearing in a European Cup final at Wembley, by losing to Panathinaikos. Everton are a far bigger club than Southampton, but on this thread alone, even some Everton fans have been saying Everton are shambles, and highlighting players they wanted rid of, one estimated he would let 75% of the squad go, whereas Southampton have had one bad season recently, and have a good record of signing players, the players doing well, then moving onto one of the top five cubs, so surely you can understand why a young player from Glasgow might find that equally as attractive a move as going to Everton?

As for Everton being a stepping stone to one of the top five clubs, I'm afraid that's just the way it is, until Everton get more money in, and possibly a new stadium into the bargain. In a similar vein, Celtic have been a stepping stone for players to go to clubs who only have around half our attendances, but they play in The Premiership, and rake in loads of money from TV deals. It's not ideal, but it is the reality we have to face.

I most definitely wouldn't want to offend you, or any other Everton fan. I was just giving my opinion, which I believe to be correct. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion that it's completely incorrect, and argue your point, that is after all the way football forums are supposed to work.

I've never heard of Robinson, but I'll look out for him when Everton are on TV. ;)

I can assure you that definitely wasn't my intention.

When I was young Everton were the league champions, I still can't believe they blew the chance of appearing in a European Cup final at Wembley, by losing to Panathinaikos. Everton are a far bigger club than Southampton, but on this thread alone, even some Everton fans have been saying Everton are shambles, and highlighting players they wanted rid of, one estimated he would let 75% of the squad go, whereas Southampton have had one bad season recently, and have a good record of signing players, the players doing well, then moving onto one of the top five cubs, so surely you can understand why a young player from Glasgow might find that equally as attractive a move as going to Everton?

As for Everton being a stepping stone to one of the top five clubs, I'm afraid that's just the way it is, until Everton get more money in, and possibly a new stadium into the bargain. In a similar vein, Celtic have been a stepping stone for players to go to clubs who only have around half our attendances, but they play in The Premiership, and rake in loads of money from TV deals. It's not ideal, but it is the reality we have to face.

I most definitely wouldn't want to offend you, or any other Everton fan. I was just giving my opinion, which I believe to be correct. You are perfectly entitled to your opinion that it's completely incorrect, and argue your point, that is after all the way football forums are supposed to work.

I've never heard of Robinson, but I'll look out for him when Everton are on TV. ;)

Yup, I could understand someone looking at Everton and Southampton as being equally attractive, if that person just began watching football last year.

The fact that one Everton fan estimated that 75% of the squad should go doesn't really have any relevance to anything (somehow I don't think we're going to be selling 28 players this summer). That just sounds like Football Manager was being discussed and not football.

Don't think you'll get much sympathy from Everton fans on the financial front. Celtic have had essentially a buy into the cash cow that is the Champions League for a long time now. Everton's broadcasting windfall has only become significant enough for us to begin to compete financially in the last 5/6 years - you won't catch any of us feeling guilty about this especially since this same windfall went to all of our competitors as well.

Regardless, I don't see much point to this debate. KT will leave Celtic or he won't. He'll join Everton or he won't. Nothing you or anybody else says on here will change that.

G'luck and take care!

At least Celtic were humiliated by the cream of European football. Everton were humiliated by a team who have never won Serie A, and have absolutely no European record worth talking about.

You're lording it over Celtic, while your own team have done very little. Can you not see your hypocrisy here?
Scottish league is pish! Deal with it.

In the majority of times, yes, but, if the rumours is true that he's already knocked back a move to an EPL club, it would appear Tierney isn't motivated solely by money.

The last time we brought in two highly rated 20-21 tear olds they ended up massively raising their profile and one was sold for a record fee for a defender, the other went fur a British record fee to city and united respectively, both is starting in s world cup semi for their countries.

Maybe gives an insight about why Tierney would jump at the chance of coming here mate, even discounting the fact he's earn 4 times the wage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back