Homepage Update: Everton reopen talks with Sam Allardyce

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're trerrible. I agree. But that doesn't mean we need Allardyce.

I can't think of anyone else dave, it's not like it's going to be long term either

i expect a 20 month contract which Moshiri can pay off at the end of the season, if he really does want to spend big.

You're falling for the spin mate. 26 points from 21 games at Palace, 31 points from 30 at Sunderland. These aren't the figures of a man who is a dead cert to keep a team up, they're what you'd expect any idiot to be able to do. Even Unsworth is going at a point a game and he's the most clueless manager I've ever had the misfortune to see.

The players he had to work with were awful. I doubt Mourinhio or Guardiola would have done any better.

Not saying I think he's as good as them just that you can only work with what you have. People thought Sunderland and Palace were certs to go down when he took them over. I'm not trying to make out he's a great but I can see why the board think he's a much safer bet to keep us in the Premier League than others we've been linked to.

Whoever we get we can't afford to get it wrong.

People saying it's sort term it's not it is gunna be 2 year or more contract [Poor language removed] discrace
The contact will be that, in reality he is will do crap, be sacked in a year and we will be paying more money to get rid. It's short term in the sense it's entirely predictable what will happen.

Does Moshiri think there are only two managers in the whole world: Silva and Allardyce?

This is the core reason why we are were we are...our dealings off the pitch are horrendous. Seemingly it was Giroud or ????? and then there was the non stop senseless pursuit of Sigs which seemed to make them completely forget that we were desperately short of quality centre backs. Here it seems that they first fired Koeman without putting feelers out on potential replacements, spent 4 weeks p***ing around trying to get Silva and have now belatedly moved on.

Its as if the higher ups are incapable of doing more than one thing at once.

They’re panicking because they’re in the eye of a perfect storm. Injury crisis, suspensions, fixture list predominately away or against top teams. We hit the nadir and they’ve panicked once Silva knocked them back. Any decent manager with the return of Barkley Coleman McCarthy and Funes Mori could have steered this team to safety but Moshiri has gone for the nuclear option.

This is what happens though when your entire boards philosophy is built on doing the bare minimum to stay in the league and keep the fans appeased. When you are then required to decisively act you have no idea what to do and panic. Someone at Everton should have been observing the summer of incompetence under a Koeman/Walsh and building a sensible contingency. As ever though they took the easy option, do nothing, hope it all just goes away oh no it hasn’t, lets fire the manager now that the fans are bothered enough to get out of their stupour, don’t worry Unsy will muddle along, the natives will die down and we can all go back to doing nothing, oh crap it’s gone tits up, get Fat Sam on the phone.

The sad thing is they don’t learn from it. As soon as any manager gets us back to mid table the board will revert back to doing absolutely F all.
Barkley will never play for us again.
Coleman is coming back from a broken leg and I still don't think we will see him until towards the end of the season.
McCarthy is always injured and now not very good.
Funes Mori is out for the season.

I hate to break this to you but if this situation isn't the time to panic I don't know what is.

We were just handed our bottoms by an awful Southampton team that are also close to firing their manager.

This may open me up to accusations of being a bad blue but I feel like I'd rather renew my ST to watch us in the championship next year than in the Prem with Sam as manager.
With Allardyce forever in the history books as having been our manager then what's the point of Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.