Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to have him back. But for two things -- Bill and Co.'s ineptitude putting the club's back against the financial wall and him taking on that snake Stretford as his agent -- he might not have left in the first place.

I think he may well be played up top with Sandro some games and as a playmaker in other games. I think Wayne is still a very good player with a great football brain, but, as I have said before he needs to play every week to keep his fitness and sharpness, I'm just not sure he will play every week here. We'll just have to wait and see.

Still can't help being made up with this signing though and I hope Wayne has an Indian summer in the twilight of his career. Welcome home lad and good luck.

Watching that video of him shows you how much he loves the club and wants to spur us on to win trophies. Welcome back Wayne! Off to look in the attic for my old kejian shirt with his name on the back lol

He's their all time top scorer, of course he's a club legend.
Seems obvious but their fans don't all think that. Things like...
"He is not a legend let him leave...He started with Ronaldo ..look at Ronaldo and look at his career... big difference" has 20 likes

Also
"In no way a legend in my opinion, greedy petulant 2-hat. What is it exactly that everyone is going to miss, I mean 5 goals last season for £300,000 a week. Pathetic and good riddance."

Welcome back Wayne, Luakau had no love for the club at all and can only dream of winning and accomplishing what Rooney has done.

Even if we only get one good season out of him, his presence at the club will be worth it.

Can't wait for the Stoke game, what an atmosphere it's gonna be!

"He is not a legend let him leave...He started with Ronaldo ..look at Ronaldo and look at his career... big difference" has 20 likes

Also
"In no way a legend in my opinion, greedy petulant 2-hat. What is it exactly that everyone is going to miss, I mean 5 goals last season for £300,000 a week. Pathetic and good riddance."
Tbf most of the posts on Redcafe seem to be wishing him luck and hoping he does well
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/wayne-rooney-rejoins-everton.430519/

Also

haha, that's exceedingly bitter. The club's leading ever scorer who won the champions league, europa league, premier league, fa cup and league cup with them ... yet he's not a legend. Whereas cantona, a man who dropkicked an innocent fan, IS a legend.

football fans can be so forgetful sometimes. And these are the types of fans lukaku says are the best in the world, ha, give me a break. Rooney's been there 13 years and didn't refer to them as that when he left.

Putting the emotional side of things to one side, quietly confident this will be a very good signing, astute bit f business on and off the pitch, both commercial and training wise. His experience is priceless. And my young lad is ecstatic.

Coleen's role in this should not be forgotten , I have it on good authority she was instrumental in Wayne coming home ! She should have her own thread and all Evertonians should be grateful!

For Coleen!

z4QndEvN.webp

The more it sinks in that he's back, the happier about it I am. It's bringing out my inner Bill Kenwright.

C'mon Wayne get the 10th title before we leave Goodison. Can you imagine Rooney orchestrating the play with the boys doing the business and the crowd noisy and boisterous and up for it?

I'm daring to dream.

Well done Everton!

Also
Ha, what about him being one of the best players in Europe between 2010-2013?

Twitter is an awful barometer for rational people.

And Ronaldo became the player he is after he left United.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back