Confirmed Signing Everton Sign Wayne Rooney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't wanna derail this thread but what's it like in Alaska? Did you move over there or. .

Yup, I moved over here in 2009. My wife is American, from Seattle. I work for the Alaska State Ferry - State Of Alaska DOT (Dept. of Transportation). I worked on cruise ships for 15 years prior to that.

Born and raised in Crosby - had a season ticket lower Gwladys from 1981 - 1995

So we don't derail the thread - message me and Ill tell you what Alaska is like.

Have my reservations due to his form last season.... But he's a blue now so I'll get behind it... Curious to see where everyone fits in (Gueye, Sneiderlin, Davies, Klaassen, Rooney, Bolasie, Lookman, Calvert-Lewin, Besic and possibly Sigurdsson)

yes but Rooney has been a mercenary from the age of 18. Held Utd to ransom multiple times as well. Cant believe we are bringing him back after what he's done and more importantly how his performances have fallen off a cliff.

I've been looking forward to your Rooney reaction, Kev.

I love the fact he kept saying the word 'trophies' at the press conference. Everton players haven't done that since the 90s. He's past his best, but his best was genuinely world class and he has brought a winners mentality back to the club. That can only bode well.
Clearly wants to win stuff here.

Glad he stated he had no intention of letting his career simply peter out here.

Clearly wants to win stuff here.

Glad he stated he had no intention of letting his career simply peter out here.

Take this a bit further.
Wayne has played in teams that have beat the RS plenty of times.
He knows what it feels like as an Evertonian to beat them.
He will not want to lose.
The game at the the pit is massive and I want Wayne to start.
He will inspire the likes of Tom and Ross* *subject to availability
He will inspire the bottle merchants who keep putting on the blue shirt in the derby.
We might give them a game, we might even beat them.....Imagine that.

True that, some twitters stats, followers
@RonaldKoeman 1.09m @ everton 1.18m @ManUtd 11.8m @WayneRooney 14.9m @RomeluLukaku9 885k haha

Facebook
Wayne Rooney Athlete · 25,548,132 like this

Everton Football Club Sport team 2,932,745 like this.
This is interesting, Everton have had nearly 40k Facebook likes since I posted this Yesterday at 5:03 PM, gone up to
2,969,145 people like this

And Rooney himself had another 20k likes
25,566,301 people like this

Take this a bit further.
He will inspire the bottle merchants who keep putting on the blue shirt in the derby.
Yes though that too

I love the fact he kept saying the word 'trophies' at the press conference. Everton players haven't done that since the 90s. He's past his best, but his best was genuinely world class and he has brought a winners mentality back to the club. That can only bode well.

Liked what he was saying in his press conference as well mate, also about bringing a winners mentality to the side. One thing I would disagree with though (and it's just my opinion like) for how good Rooney was he was never world class.

I was queueing in the club shop earlier when I overheard this lad behind me say something along the lines of:

"Rooney was over-the-hill when we sold him 13 years ago. Now he's morbidly obese and couldn't hit a cow's backside with a banjo. No way is he as good as Niasse. I'd rather we'd brought bloody Yakubu back."

Some blues are too negative.

Take this a bit further.

Yeah, it will be nice to have a striker who's used to getting results at Anfield and who isn't going to turn up expecting a drubbing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back