Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Think so mate, we will have to wait and see, but believe the interest is genuine
I do like the look of him , we badly need someone that can turn defence into attack and most importantly carry the ball upfield.

The defence we have doesn't warrant a destroyer in midfield, ( we have Gana doing that ) but definitely need a bit of creativity.
Still 21mil for a 20 year old from another league is a gamble , but we need the 21mil first to do this.

Think we are at that stage were we need to focus on " outs " before we can go any further in this window.

The obvious candidates will be well aware of this now , it's either get your agent to get you the move to play or sit and rot.

Think we are at that stage were we need to focus on " outs " before we can go any further in this window.

The obvious candidates will be well aware of this now , it's either get your agent to get you the move to play or sit and rot.
Think we did have money mate but limited, so one decent sized fee unless of sales, Gnoto being off may open up this ... maybe

I look at this way:

O'Brien replaces Godfrey, Lindstrøm replaces Dobbin, Iroegbunam replaces Onana, and Ndiaye replaces Gomes, but most likely pushes Doucoure out of his current role. Out of those deals, the club nets about £26.5m, thanks to the Onana price.

Even before the sale of Onana, they were talking about being able to spend money and make things happen, so I'm expecting more. But Tyrer was promoted to take Lonergan's place, Harrison was brought back in, reportedly for no loan fee, and like it or not, Maupay returned from loan to replace the underused (and admittedly more versatile) Danjuma.

So it looks like a lot of smart business, replacing needed positions, upgrading importantly in some areas, and coming ahead financially. It feels really good.

I look at this way:

O'Brien replaces Godfrey, Lindstrøm replaces Dobbin, Iroegbunam replaces Onana, and Ndiaye replaces Gomes, but most likely pushes Doucoure out of his current role. Out of those deals, the club nets about £26.5m, thanks to the Onana price.

Even before the sale of Onana, they were talking about being able to spend money and make things happen, so I'm expecting more. But Tyrer was promoted to take Lonergan's place, Harrison was brought back in, reportedly for no loan fee, and like it or not, Maupay returned from loan to replace the underused (and admittedly more versatile) Danjuma.

So it looks like a lot of smart business, replacing needed positions, upgrading importantly in some areas, and coming ahead financially. It feels really good.
This business upto now is fine , but more to do.

But iroebunam is definitely not Onana's replacement, maybe given time but certainly not straight away.

This business upto now is fine , but more to do.

But iroebunam is definitely not Onana's replacement, maybe given time but certainly not straight away.
No doubt, but Onana was worth selling for the profit, and I'm hoping it's connected with a change in formation as well.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back