Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Then DCL is sold and not replaced last minute. then your stuck in this bath with James may looking over at you from the bog having a poo.
32814192-a5b1-4718-a152-073d8883cc46.webp

Remember people saying this window was gona be a 'bloodbath'.... It's been a nice warm bath in lavender and petals with Florence Pugh so far.

A lady in the streets & a freak in the sheets.

Until Branthwaite is sold and Florence Pugh turns out to be Jeremy Clarkson.

I think @Exeter_Gently is seeing a little of mademoiselle Pugh in Kevin Thelwell.

I do like Gnonto but I feel like, for the right wing specifically, someone like Asprilla would be better. Has that vision we lack outside of McNeil.

I think if we had Asprilla right and Gnonto left/central it would be ideal. If it was up to me, I'd have gone for those two rather than bring in the Ndiaye & Lindstom signings.

I wonder how much Asprilla would cost. His contract is stated to expire next summer but one or two posters have said its 2026. His value has been mentioned as £15mil in the media but some posters are mentioning £25-35mil.

Very mysterious.

Id drink her bathwater

...and 1 2 3 you're back in the room.

I do like Gnonto but I feel like, for the right wing specifically, someone like Asprilla would be better. Has that vision we lack outside of McNeil.

No pace though mate, I agree he looks basically like a young Rodriguez, but we seem to be locked in on a winger whose a burner

It looks like we're going to be setup to counter attack. In that case Gnonto probably would fit better than Asprilla.

However, to reiterate what I posted previously, to bring in Ndiaye, Harrison and Lindstrom may well be good business but I'd have gone for Gnonto and Asprilla.

Purely from a selfish point of view, I think both would be really exciting to watch.

Interestingly we made the move for Asprilla in January so hopefully Thelwell goes back in for him.

He's quoted around 21 mil ,not sure at this moment we have that , looks like Wolves tried for him earlier and knocked back.

Their manager is Patrick Vierra no ?....he hates us :(

I do like the look of him , we badly need someone that can turn defence into attack and most importantly carry the ball upfield.

The defence we have doesn't warrant a destroyer in midfield, ( we have Gana doing that ) but definitely need a bit of creativity.
Still 21mil for a 20 year old from another league is a gamble , but we need the 21mil first to do this.

I read somewhere that two other clubs previously had €25mil bids rejected for Diarra.

I look at this way:

O'Brien replaces Godfrey, Lindstrøm replaces Dobbin, Iroegbunam replaces Onana, and Ndiaye replaces Gomes, but most likely pushes Doucoure out of his current role. Out of those deals, the club nets about £26.5m, thanks to the Onana price.

Even before the sale of Onana, they were talking about being able to spend money and make things happen, so I'm expecting more. But Tyrer was promoted to take Lonergan's place, Harrison was brought back in, reportedly for no loan fee, and like it or not, Maupay returned from loan to replace the underused (and admittedly more versatile) Danjuma.

So it looks like a lot of smart business, replacing needed positions, upgrading importantly in some areas, and coming ahead financially. It feels really good.

It looks to me that the replacements (not from day 1) are:

Harrison for Harrison
Iroegbunam for Onana
Ndiaye for Doucoure
Lindstom for Danjuma
O'Brien for Keane/Holgate

Potentially:

Diarra for Gana
Omeragic for Godfrey
Winger for Dobbin

I think the window would be epic if we could pull off those 3 additional deals and then put in pure focus on shifting CFs and bringing in a top striker before the window shuts.

Need to sell
Holgate
Maupay
DCL
Beto
Keane
Doucoure

That may be the greatest window in terms of movement in living memory.

Pep has consistently had problems with him though and made those comments public. They've also been trying to get rid of him for two seasons. Moyes, who you reference, had him and he was guff there making simple mistakes over and over again.

I’ve seen an interview with pep apologising for not playing him. Saying he does everything a pro should and trains hard Dan has the right attitude and feels bad that he can’t give him game time. Then said “ It’s my fault , it’s not his and I feel bad “

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back