Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yeh? We needed a centre half.

But did we need a centre half before a goalscorer.

Yes. Yes we did.

We cant surely sign a CF until we sell one or two, or even three.

….here’s me thinking the DoF calls the shots in the transfer market.

Actually support Thelwell in the acquisition of a CB, indicates transition strategy with the inevitable loss of Branthwaite. Its all dependent on O’Brien being good of course.

The DOF may well call the shots, but hes buying a player based on the fact that (as i wrote) Dyche's system is reliant on a solid defence.

Branthwaite is left sided, O'Brien is right sided. Whats the correlation here?

We have said the same thing almost for 5 seasons and we always get that we cant change things in one transfer window as you say ill wait and see how the new lads perform with the full first team before judgement but we do look short in quality in so many positions yet again unless we fully use the loan market to the max permitted

I'd have taken a different route than the signings made. It looks like we're trying to fill CM, CB, ACM, WF and RACM.

I'd have probably focused on Gnonto, Asprilla, Iroegbunam & Camara. Those four would take the midfield and wide areas up a notch.

Cant argue with the current strategy though until we see the players on the pitch.

….DCL, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay. Not sure we keep chucking money at strikers until we find one who scores goals. Simms is a goalscorer, I never thought his all-around game was good enough but I do wonder if he’d offer more than a couple of our current options.

We simply need to try and sell at realistic prices and not punt DCL around at £35mil.

He might be referring to this Habib Diarra who might make sense as he can play several positions and we can't afford to fill them all

Could be, i think he'll replace Gana so this would be his adaptation season.

Any credible links today?

We aren’t signing a striker until at least one if not two or Maupay, DCL and Beto leaves.

If we sign anyone at the minute it’s likely to be wing, CM or defensive cover

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back