Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Apparently they want £25mil as per lourons.

Because Dyche is reliant on a solid defence and with both our centre backs currently out its shown Keane & Holgate are going to leak like a sieve

….here’s me thinking the DoF calls the shots in the transfer market.

Actually support Thelwell in the acquisition of a CB, indicates transition strategy with the inevitable loss of Branthwaite. Its all dependent on O’Brien being good of course.

Yeh? We needed a centre half.

But did we need a centre half before a goalscorer.

I understand what you're saying, we need to keep DCL and get him scoring, Beto will have had a full season to get used to the Premier league, he has to get better, surely. Chermiti has shown promise, we have Lindstom and N'dia who will chip in with goals. But last year our defence, the fourth best in the Premier league, played a massive part in keeping us up, we needed back up to keep it that way. No one wants Keane or Holgate as back up..you know what that means.

Irrelevant though isn't it, as 27 points won't be safe next season - 40 is the traditional benchmark because typically - it's safe.

As for the question - I've never seen either kick a ball mate.

Nobody has seen them kick a ball in the Prem.

Apparently both flopped big time in Italy and France last season.

I doubt 90% of Evertonians have seen either play much.

I'm not writing them off - my point is after 3 seasons of averaging 41 points - I'm not expecting things to change based on the signings we've made.

We need full backs, we need pace on the wings. We need a centre midfielder who can actually pass the ball forward/progress play. We need a striker. We need depth. We need a lot.
We have said the same thing almost for 5 seasons and we always get that we cant change things in one transfer window as you say ill wait and see how the new lads perform with the full first team before judgement but we do look short in quality in so many positions yet again unless we fully use the loan market to the max permitted

Yeh? We needed a centre half.

But did we need a centre half before a goalscorer.

….DCL, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay. Not sure we keep chucking money at strikers until we find one who scores goals. Simms is a goalscorer, I never thought his all-around game was good enough but I do wonder if he’d offer more than a couple of our current options.

Irrelevant though isn't it, as 27 points won't be safe next season - 40 is the traditional benchmark because typically - it's safe.

As for the question - I've never seen either kick a ball mate.

Nobody has seen them kick a ball in the Prem.

Apparently both flopped big time in Italy and France last season.

I doubt 90% of Evertonians have seen either play much.

I'm not writing them off - my point is after 3 seasons of averaging 41 points - I'm not expecting things to change based on the signings we've made.

We need full backs, we need pace on the wings. We need a centre midfielder who can actually pass the ball forward/progress play. We need a striker. We need depth. We need a lot.
40 points is a bit of a fallacy nowadays. 36 points has been enough in each of the past 10 seasons except 1 when it would have taken 37.

….DCL, Beto, Chermiti and Maupay. Not sure we keep chucking money at strikers until we find one who scores goals. Simms is a goalscorer, I never thought his all-around game was good enough but I do wonder if he’d offer more than a couple of our current options
Issue is PSR encourages you to sell "homegrown" players and we got a good fee for him, sadly with the position we are in. We can't wait for a maybe. But yeah Beto looks very raw for someone with experience in Italy and Cherminit has lots of potential but isn"t ready.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back