Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Yep, fair point!

Realistically though, the mess weve made of the club and finances, we have to target our spending and priotise our positions. Given the profile at the club at the moment were buying cheaper abroad or lads who want to make a step up below us - so there will be a risk profile. I got my head around that a while ago. There is no way we can afford to improve every position we need realistically, we will be doing bit by bit, but the areas we brought players in to - are probably mission critical.

I guess its also about outcome, what realistic, if we brought in all we wanted we could have a bash at Europe - we wont though, so realistically id say our aim is to have a squad who cant compete for 10th at best and have a look again next summer.

Aye, we've got to be pragmatic about it.

It's why I was rationalising Kalvin Phillips.

But so far, I don't we've prioritised as we should - or enough.

We must have the slowest team in the league.

Some pace on the wing.

Left back cover/competition.

A decent centre mid.

And we should be ok/not be demented all season.

I think the above should be realistic.

Like Phillips and would be content with him.

Wouldn't wave the white flag at two of those three - been sounding like we've been trying to work on those areas - though could be a loan and might need players to leave.

Central midfield is interesting, its crossed my mind if they dont bring one in, they might like the look of Young Tim.

On paper, the O’Brien signing is good. Ndiaye was necessary and Lestrom is a welcome loan. But we went for a backup CB while we still have gaping holes at both fullback positions? Who knows how Myko will come back from injury.

Surely our lack of interest in fullbacks means that Patterson is being considered for RB and Myko is fully recovering soon? Maybe we are eventually going with a back 3 or something? A back 3 is the only real explanation for O’Brien. 20 mil is a lot of money to invest in a player when other positions don’t even have an actual starter.

Why cant it simply be that O'Brien is coming in as one of 3 CB options and we sell Keane/Holgate?

Its a critical area in a Dyche team.

I think fan opinion is much different than player opinion.

Beto is a matter of opinion, and Dyche's is the one that counts. He played Chermiti over Beto at the end of the season, if he was planning on Beto being a big part of the team this season he wouldn't have done that.

We're not getting nothing for DCL if he walks next season. We're getting an entire season out of him. That has value, you can easily come up with an equation to put that in monetary terms, and I can't see how it's not more than 10-15 million. PL survival, PL position in the league etc.

Would you pay 15m for a 1 season loan plus wages?

Selling him for 10-15 million doesn't help either. It doesn't even cover the interest on the TFG loan for a year. And the principal is due in 12 months.

I really don't think it's hyperbolic. We're still candidates for relegation. I like the business we've done but every player we've brought in is completely unproven in the PL. The two attacking ones, where we're starved, are coming off poor seasons in lesser leagues. We're only older in the FB spots which is not good. And while I think we're adequate in CM for what Dyche wants, we're worse off there than last season.

Its a bit mind boggling to me. If DCL was sold at £15mil and we loaned a super player for the same (massively over inflated loan fee)...its realistic to assume that the new player would be superior to DCL.

We urgently need to move on DCL, Beto, Maupay, Holgate & Keane.

The Bobbles pal is talking cryptically about central midfield.

Oooooh, is it a Cryptic Rios or a cryptic Diarra?

I have no issue in not wanting to spend a high fee on a pacey wide player or forward. But there have to be players out there who we believe have potential and can be an option, in the 5-10m range rather than 20m plus.

Pace is a major issue with this team. The recruitment team really should be addressing it.
Effectively the Dobbin spot in the squad. At least having something different on the bench would be good.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back