Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I think fan opinion is much different than player opinion.

Beto is a matter of opinion, and Dyche's is the one that counts. He played Chermiti over Beto at the end of the season, if he was planning on Beto being a big part of the team this season he wouldn't have done that.

We're not getting nothing for DCL if he walks next season. We're getting an entire season out of him. That has value, you can easily come up with an equation to put that in monetary terms, and I can't see how it's not more than 10-15 million. PL survival, PL position in the league etc.

Dont understand the first point you are making mate.

Could be I'm open minded on both - so there are alternatives.

Equally the opposite -would you pay 10-15 mill for a loan fee for Dom for one season. Knowing you had to drop what 30 -50 mill on a new forward next season.

Dont understand the first point you are making mate.

Could be I'm open minded on both - so there are alternatives.

Equally the opposite -would you pay 10-15 mill for a loan fee for Dom for one season. Knowing you had to drop what 30 -50 mill on a new forward next season.
Yes if I felt it kept me in the premier league.

We are also operating on a season to season basis due to our financial situation

For over 3 years I've been sharing my view that a lack of ability in the final third will dictate relegation scrap.

My view remains the same.

This team is not capable of creating, or scoring enough to see us comfortable.

It desperately lacks pace/creativity - or even players who can progress/carry play.

And depth for when plan A is out of ideas/form/fitness.

Expect a lot more: "Why's he continuing with Harrison/McNeil!" - "Because there's nobody else mate"
Lindstrom & NDiaye will probably add something, but we could do with 1 more

We've been starved of a quality RB for years now as well

we were equally lucky that we had 3 of the worst teams in premierleague history below us last year. I don't think Southampton and Leicester will be as poor. they may still go down but it'll be tighter for sure
Are Leicester supposed to be getting some sort of points deduction? It's gone all quiet about that since the season finished

Yes if I felt it kept me in the premier league.

We are also operating on a season to season basis due to our financial situation

I understand our financial situation quite well mate.

Just to be clear the answer to our financial concerns is not taking a 10-15 mill minimum hit on a player, makes no sense mate.

I dont think our survival chances rest on Dom at all, (before looking at an alternative) think that's hyperbolic mate.

Last edited:
It dictated horrible, %, pragmatic football.

I think this team we have now dictates the same - don't lose/protect the point - get to 40 points.

The annoying thing is, we're only a couple of players and good fortune with injuries away from enjoying a blood pressure relieving season.
I know that you disagree with this, as do many others, but after multiple transfer windows where we continue to buy functional, hardworking players with limited creativity maybe it's not the squad dictating "horrible, %, pragmatic" football but a desire to play that style of football dictating the composition of the squad.

In my opinion, this is exactly how Dyche wants to play and is working with Thelwell to build a squad with that playing style in mind.

Just to be clear the answer to our financial concerns in taking 10-15 mill hit on a player, makes no sense mate.

I dont think our survival chances rest on Dom at all, think that's hyperbolic mate.

Selling him for 10-15 million doesn't help either. It doesn't even cover the interest on the TFG loan for a year. And the principal is due in 12 months.

I really don't think it's hyperbolic. We're still candidates for relegation. I like the business we've done but every player we've brought in is completely unproven in the PL. The two attacking ones, where we're starved, are coming off poor seasons in lesser leagues. We're only older in the FB spots which is not good. And while I think we're adequate in CM for what Dyche wants, we're worse off there than last season.

Selling him for 10-15 million doesn't help either. It doesn't even cover the interest on the TFG loan for a year. And the principal is due in 12 months.

I really don't think it's hyperbolic. We're still candidates for relegation. I like the business we've done but every player we've brought in is completely unproven in the PL. The two attacking ones, where we're starved, are coming off poor seasons in lesser leagues. We're only older in the FB spots which is not good. And while I think we're adequate in CM for what Dyche wants, we're worse off there than last season.

Im not looking for the transfer fee to pay of all the business's debt mate. Im looking at it to create scope to enable a replacement long term. I dont think i suggested otherwise, i dont think that's irrelevant or the amount is so miniscule that we are in a position to find it without meaning or due consideration as to its impact.

A lot of the squad building work is a wait and see for me mate, i never judge even if there is a bit of excitement getting players in, its all about outcome when they play - Danjuma last season a case in point. The piece i meant really, was look ultimately we were without him, for two of the last three seasons and survived - i think the squad is an over all better spot then those two seasons in particularly. While he didn't pull up any trees last.

So for me the assertion his staying or going will mean he wont be able to rescue us from relegation is a bit hyperbolic in my opinion mate.

Given the points that went down i think we were safe at some point in January.

Have to work to 40 points though.

And we got that (I think) after 34 games last season - even removing the deduction.

And we've averaged 41 points for 3 years. Mainly because we've been incapable of scoring enough goals.

Should we expect things to suddenly change based on signing;

O'Brien - not sure he even starts ahead of Branthwaite/Tarkowski.
Ndiaye - never performed in the Prem. Flopped at only opportunity outside Championship.
Iroegbunam - no clue, honestly don't think we sign him if it wasn't for PSR workaround.
Lindstom - is he a winger? CM? Either way, we don't have a clue what he'll bring really.

The biggest problem we had remains. As it did last summer.

For what it's worth I think the players we've brought in tick a lot of boxes. Individually they all make sense - but do they give us pace/enough in the final third?

Have to work to 40 points though.

And we got that (I think) after 34 games last season - even removing the deduction.

And we've averaged 41 points for 3 years. Mainly because we've been incapable of scoring enough goals.

Should we expect things to suddenly change based on signing;

O'Brien - not sure he even starts ahead of Branthwaite/Tarkowski.
Ndiaye - never performed in the Prem. Flopped at only opportunity outside Championship.
Iroegbunam - no clue, honestly don't think we sign him if it wasn't for PSR workaround.
Lindstom - is he a winger? CM? Either way, we don't have a clue what he'll bring really.

The biggest problem we had remains. As it did last summer.

For what it's worth I think the players we've brought in tick a lot of boxes. Individually they all make sense - but do they give us pace/enough in the final third?

Luton went down on 26, i thnk we had that at some point in Jan - btf i just read the stat on twittter and didn't check it myself.

Do you not think N'Diaye and Lindstorm, fill a bit the creativity and threat hole we had - i know we can only talk on paper.

A couple of warm bodies up there, offering something a bit different on top of what we had last season wont do us any harm what so ever.

My own take is until we recover the club, everyone we sign is going to have a risk profile of some sort mate, we have to hope and maybe trust we have good judgement.

Luton went down on 26, i thnk we had that at some point in Jan - btf i just read the stat on twittter and didn't check it myself.

Do you not think N'Diaye and Lindstorm, fill a bit the creativity and threat hole we had - i know we can only talk on paper.

A couple of warm bodies up there, offering something a bit different on top of what we had last season wont do us any harm what so ever.
I'm pretty sure after Burnley away we'd won enough points to stay up for the season if we didn't get points deducted.

Im not looking for the transfer fee to pay of all the business's debt mate. Im looking at it to create scope to enable a replacement long term. I dont think i suggested otherwise, i dont think that's irrelevant or the amount is so miniscule that we are in a position to find it without meaning or due consideration as to its impact.

A lot of work is a wait and see for me, i never judge eve if there is a bit of excitement getting players in, its all about outcome when they play - Danjuma last season a case in point. The piece i meant really, was look ultimately we were without him, for two of the last three seasons and survived - i think the squad is an over all better spoth then those two seasons. While he didn't pull up any trees last.

So for me the assertion his staying or going will mean he wont be able to rescue us from relegation is a bit hyperbolic in my opinion mate.
This is where you and I disagree. Our financial horizon is 12 months, which must coincide with how the squad is structured. The timing aspect is more important than the cash aspect at this point.

We did well to get Chermiti in last year, ignore the short term implications. But that was before we lopped 400 million of higher interest debt onto the balance sheet and went through 3 different potential ownership groups.

It's boring, even for me, to keep bringing the conversation back to finance, but it dictates every single thing the club does.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back