Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

vlcsnap-2015-01-29-14h04m58s46.webp

Come on, give us a rumour.

It dictated horrible, %, pragmatic football.

I think this team we have now dictates the same - don't lose/protect the point - get to 40 points.

The annoying thing is, we're only a couple of players and good fortune with injuries away from enjoying a blood pressure relieving season.
Be surprised if we’re as close to the bottom this season. Without the points deductions last season would have been stress free.
although very grim to watch.

Be surprised if we’re as close to the bottom this season. Without the points deductions last season would have been stress free.

Think it was 34th game we hit 40 points (if include 8 points)

Also think we got very lucky with fitness/injuries last season.

We've averaged 41 points over the last 3 seasons.

Small margins, lose that focal point/baseline of goals and it could be the difference between going down.

Last three year premier league;

Games: 114
Won: 32
Drawn: 27
Lost: 55
Goals Scored: 117
Goals Against: 174

From 342 points - we've earned 123.

We score 39 per season - an average of 1.03 per game.
We concede 58 per season - an average of 1.53 per game.

When has he ever been a disruption to the team? Other than some people stupidly linking his attire to his attitude and performance, I've never seen it. Uncertainty can cause disruption, sure, but if he goes into the season telling the club he's running his contract down, everyone is on the same page. I don't see how it undermines the team, if he's putting in the effort no one will have an issue. If he isn't, Dyche certainly won't play him.

Beto isn't an option for me, mostly because he hasn't been for Dyche. Dyche was visibly frustrated with him throughout the season. I don't think it's acclimation to the league, it's not effort, his strengths don't line up with what Dyche is looking for.

I don't really think the money is subjective frankly. 10-15 million is a drop in the bucket for us and our problems. To remove the team's number 9 for that amount, with no replacement, just isn't very smart. Adebayo, as an example, will cost more than that.

Thanks mate, again i find that opinion a bit narrow.

The situation is a disruption to the team. The context is systemic as opposed to individualised essentially its Ross Barkley - who is very often called a rat by fans, accept he actually left before his contract ran out and we got a return. The fans will turn, they wont tolerate a mutlimillaire running his contract down for a return for himself in self interest - meaning the club on its backside financially in all its historic or pending PSR charges and financial difficulty loose a significant return because of a players self interest. The player himself doesnt have the ability to cover the spread in terms of performers, like Rom had. Thus the relationship is/will be damaged, the connection is lost and atmosphere turn bad and eventually toxic - believe there was booing during the preseason games. All that undermines the team and frankly in can be done without. You can apply all the lgoic in the world and we can both make business cases - but we both know it will be emotional and tribal unless he signs a new deal - hes opened himself up to conjecture, ill will, questioning and abuse, all that could undermine both his and the teams performance and the connection there. Its an atmosphere we dont need.

Beto is a matter of opinion and i take on those points - i wouldn't be as rigid as i think momentum can be powerful force and i do think there is an adjustment period to this league, but i dont think its ridiculous to suggest that he couldn't have a stab at a better out put then Dom last season - i certainly would fancy a flutter on he and Chemiti bettering 3.5 goal between them.

Its subjective because its not reality, when i proposed it , it was a hypothetical projection given deadlines, negations positions, interest and context - for resolution to be found everyone's going to have to give a little. 10-15 mill is more then the sum of nothing and perhaps not looking after the pennies - such as they are in the bigger picture has contributed to the difficulties we face. Of course Adebayo overall will cost more i didnt suggest otherwise when you factor wages on top of fee on a multi year deal over a youth team player - but lets be honest we will have to invest either now or next summer anyway, so we will be weighing up cost/benefit. Is it better to make the signing with 15 mill in your pocket this summer or next summer with nothing in your pocket...............is keeping Dom for 12 months worth more then 15 mill to us given the above context.

Last edited:
Think it was 34th game we hit 40 points (if include 8 points)

Also think we got very lucky with fitness/injuries last season.
we were equally lucky that we had 3 of the worst teams in premierleague history below us last year. I don't think Southampton and Leicester will be as poor. they may still go down but it'll be tighter for sure

we were equally lucky that we had 3 of the worst teams in premierleague history below us last year. I don't think Southampton and Leicester will be as poor. they may still go down but it'll be tighter for sure

Lucky the deduction was the season it was, I'll give you that.

But not sure I accept the "3 worst teams" line - people keep saying that but 48 points had us 8th one season.

From points earned - we finished 22 points clear. Perhaps the lucky team is Nottingham Forest who survived on 32 points, or 36 without deduction.

If we earn 48 next season, we're sound. I'd take that now.

Come on everton need a new cm , winger and defender who can play cb and fb then flog dcl and maupay so we can' get a new striker and I'll be content , solid moves so far we the squad is so lacking in quality and depth needs to be addressed swiftly

But not sure I accept the "3 worst teams" line - people keep saying that but 48 points had us 8th one season.

From points earned - we finished 22 points clear. Perhaps the lucky team is Nottingham Forest who survived on 32 points, or 36 without deduction.

Id snap your hand off for 48 points
Would take 40 tbh

Get into the new ground, hopefully something regards the take over and go from there

The league will be better this year though too. Won’t have a Luton and Sheffield to count on. Ipswich maybe but even they’ll be more competitive than those two.

Thanks mate, again i find that opinion a bit narrow.

The situation is a disruption to the team. The context is systemic as opposed to individualised essentially its Ross Barkley - who is very often called a rat by fans, accept he actually left before his contract ran out and we got a return. The fans will turn, they wont tolerate a mutlimillaire running his contract down for a return for himself in self interest - meaning the club on its backside financially in all its historic or pending PSR charges and financial difficulty loose a significant return because of a players self interest. The player himself doesnt have the ability to cover the spread in terms of performers, like Rom had. Thus the relationship is/will be damaged, the connection is lost and atmosphere turn bad and eventually toxic - believe there was booing during the preseason games. All that undermines the team and frankly in can be done without. You can apply all the lgoic in the world and we can both make business cases - but we both know it will be emotional and tribal unless he signs a new deal - hes opened himself up to conjecture, ill will, puestioning and abuse, all that could undermine both his and the teams performance and the connection there. Its an atmosphere we dont need.

Beto is a matter of opinion and i take on those points - i wouldn't be as rigid as i think momentum can be powerful force and i do think there is an adjustment period to this league, but i dont think its ridiculous to suggest that he couldn't have a stab at a better out put then Dom last season - i certainly would fancy a flutter on he and Chemiti bettering 3.5 goal between them.

Its subjective because its not reality, when i proposed it , it was a hypothetical projection given deadlines, negations positions, interest and context - for resolution to be found everyones going to have to give a little. Yet 10-15 mill is more then the sum of nothing an perhaps not looking after the pennies - such as they are in the bigger picture has contributed to the difficulties we face. Of course he will overall when you factor wages - but lets be honest we will have to invest either now or the summer, so we will be weighing up cost/benefit. Is it better to make the signing with 15 mill in your pocket this summer or next summer with nothing in your pocket...............is keeping Dom for 12 months worth more then 15 mill.

I think fan opinion is much different than player opinion.

Beto is a matter of opinion, and Dyche's is the one that counts. He played Chermiti over Beto at the end of the season, if he was planning on Beto being a big part of the team this season he wouldn't have done that.

We're not getting nothing for DCL if he walks next season. We're getting an entire season out of him. That has value, you can easily come up with an equation to put that in monetary terms, and I can't see how it's not more than 10-15 million. PL survival, PL position in the league etc.

Given the points that went down i think we were safe at some point in January.

The league will be better this year though too. Won’t have a Luton and Sheffield to count on. Ipswich maybe but even they’ll be more competitive than those two.
Do our job as well as we did last year and the strength of the league shouldn't matter. We won 11 points against the bottom three sides last season, so 37 against the teams that remain. Match that (not easy I grant) and only one win against the promoted sides gets us to 40.

Do our job as well as we did last year and the strength of the league shouldn't matter. We won 11 points against the bottom three sides last season, so 37 against the teams that remain. Match that (not easy I grant) and only one win against the promoted sides gets us to 40.
I like your optimism. I still see no goals in the forwards, a weakened midfield, and Ashley Young at the back. It’s going to be a grind.

Everyone keeps saying this and I don't see it. Most odds have the 3 promoted teams as the 3 that are relegated. The gulf between the Championship and the PL has never been larger, and they're already starting behind financially now due to PSR. Southampton and Leicester are name clubs, but Leicester's squad looks worse than the one that was relegated and Southampton has reinforced with a bunch of Championship players.

If he's putting in the work in training he plays. We're in no position, given what's behind him, to take some sort of stance with his contract. Nor should we, he has a contract to play on and should honor that.

I think a lack of resolution is causing people to go down a rabbit hole they don't need to. If he's here and fit, he should play.

Selling him for 10-15 million isn't going to help us at all, that that price they should let him run his contract out. You won't get a reasonable replacement for that amount and our financial problems are much more than 10-15 million.
Would you pay 15m for a 1 season loan plus wages?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back