Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

It is - maybe, if he still here if the window closes - I'm not sure id start the season with him.

If he's putting in the work in training he plays. We're in no position, given what's behind him, to take some sort of stance with his contract. Nor should we, he has a contract to play on and should honor that.

I think a lack of resolution is causing people to go down a rabbit hole they don't need to. If he's here and fit, he should play.

Selling him for 10-15 million isn't going to help us at all, that that price they should let him run his contract out. You won't get a reasonable replacement for that amount and our financial problems are much more than 10-15 million.

Last edited:
Pereira, McTominay, and Smith Rowe is a very good midfield on paper.

Also funny how they're valuing a squad player with 12 months left at £30mill.
marco silva is balling

200w.gif

The XG thing is a decent barometer of how you finish - nothing more.

It also has to be taken in context with XGA - which is what on average you should have conceded.

So yeah we were shocking last season and should have scored 20 more.

but

We also were outstanding on XGA and in fact should have conceded ten more than we did too. Suggesting having a very good keeper who saves shots most wouldn't and poor finishers of great chances who miss what most would score.

Also it's a context thing if you try to look at what points overall it costs or gained you.

Can lose a game 1-0 were the xg was 4 in your favour (an extreme example) so that's a swing of 5 out of say the ten, and can't forget goals change games and the flow of games too.
But it’s all utter rubbish.

The only things that matter are goals scored/conceded. And being entertained as a fan.

The most disconcerting aspect of that Boyland article from the athletic is that the club deems the options for fb sufficient and not area we're trying to build on......😂 I know resources are scarce but we have two injury prone younger players one is who largely untested and then the two geriatrics at least in professional football terms it's bleak.

If he's putting in the work in training he plays. We're in no position, given what's behind him, to take some sort of stance with his contract. Nor should we, he has a contract to play on and should honor that.

I think a lack of resolution is causing people to go down a rabbit hole they don't need to. If he's here and fit, he should play.

Selling him for 10-15 million isn't going to help us at all, that that price they should let him run his contract out. You won't get a reasonable replacement for that amount and our financial problems are much more than 10-15 million.
Agree with this. Also think if the market is telling us he's only worth this much it's all the more reason to consider whether we even want to commit 20-30m in wages to him over the next 4 or 5 years were he to have a change of heart about renewing.

I would like to see the manager give him a chance, but I saw enough last season to suggest he’s not going to. Coleman is our starting right back with Young as his back up.
From the preseason games Dixon looked like one of the better players on the bench, dych does play younger and ashley young players but he does really incorporate academy players at all so I'm not expecting him to have an opportunity to get on the pitch

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back