Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

At the price we either need and/or the wages they’re willing to accept - that’s the issue. There’ll be suitors, but we’ve created our own monster.

Keane is on silly money for what he offers, as is Holgate.
I think there is interest (we managed to move Godfrey on) its the wages that turn every other club away though. There will always be managers who wish to be that "One" who turned so and so around and got his/her game back on track again. DCL is a classic example, I know not many teams play with a target man these days (narrows the market down a bit) but I find it hard to believe there is not a manager/coach thinking they can sort him out, but at the same time no club is going to pay his alleged wage demands (if true) given his recent history.

Weird, I'd have Richy over solanke any day of the week.. why hasn't it worked for him at spurs?
Like Dom here, overplayed when injured because they didn't have adequate backups.

Richarlison's fitness can be traced back to a poor decision by the Brazilian fa to select him for two tournaments in the one summer.

In hindsight, it was bad for the players development and fitness, bad for Brazil and ultimately bad for us.

As a club we did the right thing in not standing in the way of a player wanting to represent his country and ultimately win an Olympic gold medal, but should have been better prepared for the consequences arriving from it.

Like Dom here, overplayed when injured because they didn't have adequate backups.

Richarlison's fitness can be traced back to a poor decision by the Brazilian fa to select him for two tournaments in the one summer.

In hindsight, it was bad for the players development and fitness, bad for Brazil and ultimately bad for us.

As a club we did the right thing in not standing in the way of a player wanting to represent his country and ultimately win an Olympic gold medal, but should have been better prepared for the consequences arriving from it.
The real Richarlison died that night during the Palace game.

In 2020 the three strikers that went with England to the Euros were Kane, Rashford and DCL.

I think it is fair to say DCL is more similar in style to Kane than Rashford.

Similar to Kane?

Is this Kane who is one of the most leathal finishers in the prem for the past 8-9 years?

The player that has developed into a creative force and drops deep and plays defence splitting passes and getting lots of assists?

Yeah you’re right now that I think of it , that does sound like DCL doesn’t it?

Weird, I'd have Richy over solanke any day of the week.. why hasn't it worked for him at spurs?
Just different profiles agree with you is have rich but can see why spurs after solanke even tho the proce is far to much. Think he will be suited more to the cf role than rich leading the line.

I wouldn’t say easily
O’Brien never played in prem, lindstrom and Nidaye coming off the back of poor seasons in weaker leagues , was danjuma better at Villarreal? Or just as bad. And Tim has looked good pre season, but again wasn’t getting much of a look in at villa even with injuries last season

Can always focus on the negative with players..

Could say onnana has done basically nothing since he has been here, Godfrey literally cannot kick a football and used to be a great athlete , that changed after he got covid , Danjuma hardly played and even if our two attacking players do not have good seasons , they won’t be much of any worse than him.

Couldnt afford him but richy would easily be our best attacking player

By a absolute land slide, people who dont think that dont like football

He would but he’s a pretty average player tbh… his ball retention is very bad , he can’t beat a man and for someone that is very selfish in front of goal , he doesn’t score a lot . 15 goals in 66 games for spurs I think I read the other day.

On transfer market, it says he's missed 21 games with 6 different injuries (hamstring x2, knee x2 and groin) in 2 seasons + scored 12 goals in 50 odd games.

When you take a step back, that ain't amazing stats. Basically a 1 in 4 striker who misses 20% of the season isn't it. So, for a 60m outlay I can see why Spurs might want to cut their losses and look to recoup 40m for him.

Of course transfer market be wrong and if so, ignore my crap post
A lot of those games were coming back from injury too tbf
When he got a decent run in the side he's done well
Too many injuries though
Can't be relied on unfortunately

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back