Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

I mean I shouldn't need to explain the football I watch but here goes...

Two of those players (Adebayo and Fofana) played in the PL last season, whereas Petkovic we watched just as recently as last month in the Euros - I have also seen him a lot in the EL for Dinamo Zagreb when I was watching Gvardiol. So that's 3 players of your "1-2 max" I've seen.

I'll continue.

Weiper plays in the Bundesliga, I obviously watch that, have also seen him for German youth sides. Even listed him last year as one to watch at last year's Euro U21's tournament.

Matanovic I have seen in the 2nd division on the Bundesliga YT channel, as well as in pre-season games for Frankfurt, as recently as Wednesday - you can watch here if you'd like to see him.

Kevin Denkey, watched as recently as here when his side played Monaco in a pre-season game whom I watch most years.

Akor Adams is the one I've seen the least, but I get Ligue 1 on TNT Sports, so tend to catch them whilst watching the bigger sides. You must also have watched this team since you were so high on Omeragic, right? Right?

Miles Leaburn I've watched in youth football for years when I can, mostly EFL Cup, but also I just tend to watch lower league football with my home town team being a lower league side. Same way I've seen Bowie (who I now see has signed for Hibs) but also when he was playing for Scotland youth.

You love stats, I watch actual football. Don't push your ignorance onto me just because I have more free time than you do to watch games.

P.S. I don't play Football Manager, it is interesting but too complicated for me:

View attachment 268214
Question time

Do you actually socalise or go out

How do you watch that amount of football?

I’d love him back but financially it’s never going to happen.
Shouldn't be doing business with Spuds, wait until he's had a stop gap move to another club and then have a look at his fitness.

Playing in two international tournaments in the one summer (one being the last Olympics) knackered him and us,
but in saying that he loves his country and put everything in for us.

*Get rid of Keane / Holgate / Patterson and buy a right back (the lad from Hellas Verona seemed less than 10M)

*Phillips on loan

*Sell DCL for 15M-20M and use any money we supposedly still have for Gnonto and bid like 40M+ for Richy so we have a striker / winger in 1 :).

That would only leave us a bit short at CB (Phillips as additional cover ?) and LB, but to be solved in the January window maybe
Zat multi

Just thinking on it, can probably say that it has done with Pickford too. Can't see him moving on from us which considering his profile and just how gash we've been is remarkable loyalty in this age
True, he's here for the long haul now I'd say, which is great. Being England's no.1 means a lot to him and I reckon he'd be gone if Southgate had bowed to media pressure. Especially when Ramsdale was playing for Arsenal. I'm glad Southgate held his view

Weird, I'd have Richy over solanke any day of the week.. why hasn't it worked for him at spurs?
It's a tricky one, he should get far more service and chances at Spurs with the squad they have. Maybe he just suits our style of play more.

If spurs had any interest in selling him on for a decent fee, they need him to have a solid season, impressing and scoring. He won't gain value on the bench at Spurs. Best option for them is to loan him back to Everton and we play him left side of a front 3 where he's always played his best.

I mean I shouldn't need to explain the football I watch but here goes...

Two of those players (Adebayo and Fofana) played in the PL last season, whereas Petkovic we watched just as recently as last month in the Euros - I have also seen him a lot in the EL for Dinamo Zagreb when I was watching Gvardiol. So that's 3 players of your "1-2 max" I've seen.

I'll continue.

Weiper plays in the Bundesliga, I obviously watch that, have also seen him for German youth sides. Even listed him last year as one to watch at last year's Euro U21's tournament.

Matanovic I have seen in the 2nd division on the Bundesliga YT channel, as well as in pre-season games for Frankfurt, as recently as Wednesday - you can watch here if you'd like to see him.

Kevin Denkey, watched as recently as here when his side played Monaco in a pre-season game whom I watch most years.

Akor Adams is the one I've seen the least, but I get Ligue 1 on TNT Sports, so tend to catch them whilst watching the bigger sides. You must also have watched this team since you were so high on Omeragic, right? Right?

Miles Leaburn I've watched in youth football for years when I can, mostly EFL Cup, but also I just tend to watch lower league football with my home town team being a lower league side. Same way I've seen Bowie (who I now see has signed for Hibs) but also when he was playing for Scotland youth.

You love stats, I watch actual football. Don't push your ignorance onto me just because I have more free time than you do to watch games.

P.S. I don't play Football Manager, it is interesting but too complicated for me:

View attachment 268214
that BG3 and divinity combo

People keep saying "get rid of player x, get rid of player y" and seemingly forget that to do so you have to find somewhere willing to take them.

Even though its been repeatedly shown that we are stuck with some players as nobody else will pay them what we have been doing nor pay actual money for them

Likewise, players, like any other employee of any other company, are not going to forego these higher wages for a pay-cut just for the clubs benefit. This is a nostalgic view of a bygone age. Football and indeed the world, doesn't work like that.

People keep saying "get rid of player x, get rid of player y" and seemingly forget that to do so you have to find somewhere willing to take them.

Even though its been repeatedly shown that we are stuck with some players as nobody else will pay them what we have been doing nor pay actual money for them

Likewise, players, like any other employee of any other company, are not going to forego these higher wages for a pay-cut just for the clubs benefit. This is a nostalgic view of a bygone age. Football and indeed the world, doesn't work like that.

It’s like the good old ‘Everton have missed out on a steal there’ ‘why were we not all over x player’. Maybe we were, perhaps shockingly some players don’t want to move to Everton regardless of whether we are all over them or not. Lots of moving parts in all transfers in and out that all have to agree. Can’t force players to join that don’t want to or force players to leave that are on contract and don’t want to.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.