Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Couldnt afford him but richy would easily be our best attacking player

By a absolute land slide, people who dont think that dont like football

In terms of wages he'd actually be affordable mate, base is 90k pw at spurs - if you remember spurs wages are generally lower than you'd think due to them incentivising contracts with performance addons etc.

Loan fee you'd expect to be a whopper though too. Guessing they'd be asking for around 7m.

In basic finance terms though, say we moved on DCL due to not signing a contract and brought in 15+m, the wages saved would pay Richys, the fee for a player with his last year remaining would cover the loan cost probably with a lot to spare.

So you'd essentially be swapping for one year Richy for DCL and getting 7-10m in the bank

I'd do that deal like

Last edited:
I remember Kevin Campbell saying at Everton it just clicked. I get the same feeling about Richarlison and Everton - it’s his home.

I’ve previously been quite vocal about saying I would have him back, and my view hasn’t changed; with him, we’d be a much better team.
Just thinking on it, can probably say that it has done with Pickford too. Can't see him moving on from us which considering his profile and just how gash we've been is remarkable loyalty in this age

In terms of wages he'd actually be affordable mate, base is 90k pw at spurs - if you remember spurs wages are generally lower than you'd think due to them incentivising contracts with performance addons etc.

Loan fee you'd expect to be a whopper though too. Guessing they'd be asking for around 7m.

In basic finance terms though, say we moved on DCL due to not signing a contract and brought in 15+m, the wages saved would pay Richys, the fee for a player with his last year remaining would cover the loan cost probably with a lot to spare.

So you'd essentially be swapping for one year Richy for DCL and getting 7-10m in the bank

I'd do that deal like
Issue will be that Spurs need to sell him to be able to buy Solanke

Ok, so you've watched, Charlton, Hibs, Mainz, Brugge, Montpellier, Zagreb, amongst others.

Assuming not, then you've maybe seen them at best at an international tournament or on YouTube (guess that does count as watching them play 😂)

Not bitter btw, just amused as if Zat would have come out with a similar statement you'd be taking the 'p' out of him for it.
I mean I shouldn't need to explain the football I watch but here goes...

Two of those players (Adebayo and Fofana) played in the PL last season, whereas Petkovic we watched just as recently as last month in the Euros - I have also seen him a lot in the EL for Dinamo Zagreb when I was watching Gvardiol. So that's 3 players of your "1-2 max" I've seen.

I'll continue.

Weiper plays in the Bundesliga, I obviously watch that, have also seen him for German youth sides. Even listed him last year as one to watch at last year's Euro U21's tournament.

Matanovic I have seen in the 2nd division on the Bundesliga YT channel, as well as in pre-season games for Frankfurt, as recently as Wednesday - you can watch here if you'd like to see him.

Kevin Denkey, watched as recently as here when his side played Monaco in a pre-season game whom I watch most years.

Akor Adams is the one I've seen the least, but I get Ligue 1 on TNT Sports, so tend to catch them whilst watching the bigger sides. You must also have watched this team since you were so high on Omeragic, right? Right?

Miles Leaburn I've watched in youth football for years when I can, mostly EFL Cup, but also I just tend to watch lower league football with my home town team being a lower league side. Same way I've seen Bowie (who I now see has signed for Hibs) but also when he was playing for Scotland youth.

You love stats, I watch actual football. Don't push your ignorance onto me just because I have more free time than you do to watch games.

P.S. I don't play Football Manager, it is interesting but too complicated for me:

1723184756116.webp

Two of those players (Adebayo and Fofana) played in the PL last season, whereas Petkovic we watched just as recently as last month in the Euros - I have also seen him a lot in the EL for Dinamo Zagreb when I was watching Gvardiol. So that's 3 players of your "1-2 max" I've seen.

I'll continue.

Weiper plays in the Bundesliga, I obviously watch that, have also seen him for German youth sides. Even listed him last year as one to watch at last year's Euro U21's tournament.

Matanovic I have seen in the 2nd division on the Bundesliga YT channel, as well as in pre-season games for Frankfurt, as recently as Wednesday - you can watch here if you'd like to see him.

Kevin Denkey, watched as recently as here when his side played Monaco in a pre-season game whom I watch most years.

Akor Adams is the one I've seen the least, but I get Ligue 1 on TNT Sports, so tend to catch them whilst watching the bigger sides. You must also have watched this team since you were so high on Omeragic, right? Right?

Miles Leaburn I've watched in youth football for years when I can, mostly EFL Cup, but also I just tend to watch lower league football with my home town team being a lower league side. Same way I've seen Bowie (who I now see has signed for Hibs) but also when he was playing for Scotland youth.

You love stats, I watch actual football. Don't push your ignorance onto me just because I have more free time than you do to watch games.

P.S. I don't play Football Manager, it is interesting but too complicated for me:

View attachment 268214

Fair enough mate, you watch a shed load of footy, so point taken.

Btw I said I've never seen Omeragic play - so yup it's based on stat analysis and scouting reports from a few decent sources

Few good games in your list btw, BG3, Witcher 3, Destiny and Divinity is a stormer. Nevewinter (assuming it's the mmo one) did my head in though, you'd stop playing for a few months and it was almost back to square one with the frequency of content updates.

Should get hold of atomic heart though - one of the best FPS games around.

I'll continue.

View attachment 268214
WOW...that's all I can really say...

Btw I said I've never seen Omeragic play - so yup it's based on stat analysis and scouting reports from a few decent sources

Few good games in your list btw, BG3, Witcher 3, Destiny and Divinity is a stormer. Nevewinter (assuming it's the mmo one) did my head in though, you'd stop playing for a few months and it was almost back to square one with the frequency of content updates.

Thanks, will check it out.

I'll continue.

View attachment 268214

Jesus christ

*Get rid of Keane / Holgate / Patterson and buy a right back (the lad from Hellas Verona seemed less than 10M)

*Phillips on loan

*Sell DCL for 15M-20M and use any money we supposedly still have for Gnonto and bid like 40M+ for Richy so we have a striker / winger in 1 :).

That would only leave us a bit short at CB (Phillips as additional cover ?) and LB, but to be solved in the January window maybe

It wouldn't be affordable.

I suspect you’re right and I think that’s a different point to why others want him back .

As has been said he performed well for us , was regularly on the scoresheet , dragged effort in from those around him , always put a shift in , inspired the the crowd when the place was low and ‘seemed to get us ‘ .
A practical move , nope but a romantic one many would like of course .

I remember Kevin Campbell saying at Everton it just clicked. I get the same feeling about Richarlison and Everton - it’s his home.

I’ve previously been quite vocal about saying I would have him back, and my view hasn’t changed; with him, we’d be a much better team.
I’d love him back but financially it’s never going to happen.

There really isn't, there never has been. Clubs dispose of players readily as @Eggs has already stated but somehow players are supposed to treat clubs with reverence and put their needs before the players own? Absolute nonsense.
Players are nothing. Cogs in a wheel. I've always thought it strange that they get anything like adulation. I dont support players; I support Everton Football Club.

Besides all that though, people forget - because they're Thatcher's children and / or they view everything through the prism of the Bosman era - that players did once upon a time (for most of football history) do the best by their own clubs by shifting out when the club thought it desirable.

This is something that many dont realise but is far more typical of player-club relations than those that happened post late-1990s.

We've ended up with the perverse spectacle of fans actually supporting players in their 'right' to determine how much (if anything at all) their own club receives for them and when they're moved on. In other words: fans acting against their own best interests as fans.

It truly is bizarre when we have people on here, therefore, BACKING a waster like DCL as he attempts to deny us all the circa £25M-£30M we desperately need to get players in to survive.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back