Everton Summer 2024 Transfer Thread

Fabrizio Romano:
Richarlison reveals he has refused bid from Saudi Arabia: “There has been an offer from Saudi… but my dream of playing for the Brazilian Seleção and in the Premier League speaks louder”.“The money is big but my dreams are bigger!”, told
@j_castelobranco

Pay a big loan fee and obligation to buy when the new stadium opens next year and we should have a new owner.
And send DCL the other way

:)
I’m all for that.
And Spurs can get a Poundland Harry Kane.

Stronger, easily. O’Brien, Lindstrom, Ndiaye and Iroegbunam for Onana and some wage drains is a big step forward. And not selling Branthwaite is as big as any signing we could’ve made.
I wouldn’t say easily
O’Brien never played in prem, lindstrom and Nidaye coming off the back of poor seasons in weaker leagues , was danjuma better at Villarreal? Or just as bad. And Tim has looked good pre season, but again wasn’t getting much of a look in at villa even with injuries last season

Are we stronger or weaker at this point folks?

Depends on the new players, they all hit marks in profile and have attributes, on paper they seem like good signings, but all bar Tim’s nominal appearances haven’t played in the PL before so carry a risk profile.

Also the DCL situation could go anyway, but he won’t go until the last week, so that’s unsettling and undermining - how we manage that will be key and who is left for us to bring in if we can raise money. So loads of ifs and buts.

Actually fancy Harris to have a much, much improved season.

Still a few weeks to go.

Depends on the new players, they all hit marks in profile and have attributes, on paper they seem like good signings, but all bar Tim’s nominal appearances haven’t played in the PL before so carry a risk profile.

Also the DCL situation could go anyway, but he won’t go until the last week, so that’s unsettling and undermining - how we manage that will be key and who is left for us to bring in if we can raise money. So loads of ifs and buts.

Actually fancy Harris to have a much, much improved season.

Still a few weeks to go.
The fact we kept Jarrad keeps us in a strong position as well.

Erm well I'll have to put my Dyche hat on first which narrows me down to target man. I think Chermiti has a bright future so I'm not against signing an older striker either for a year or two. Someone like the below would suit our system:

Bruno Petkovic (12 months)
Adebayo
Nelson Weiper (12 months)
Igor Matanovic (maybe too pricey)
Fofana loan from Chelsea?
Akor Adams
Kevin Denkey
Miles Leaburn
Kieron Bowie

I'm guessing you've seen maybe 1-2 at most of them play mate.

Maybe you based it in your last footy manager game.

The 30mil combined is probably the problem there.

Probably just that we don't have any money? Not just for the transfer fees, but the wages.

Think be very hard this season to get him in next season maybe if still around. But would love him back if honest

Again money is the problem i am sure the club would have liked to get more in, that is why we havent been able to get deals done.

It does seem we are now in sell to buy mode. A debt-burdened, cash constrained, PSR pressurised, wage-trimming, loss-making football club will always miss out on far more players than it can sign.

We clearly wanted to get most business done in time to have at least some preseason with us. It remains to be seen if we have prioritised the right players but to eg sign the hypothetical three midfielders per Zat we would have had to forego O’Brien and Lindstrom (loan fee). We do not have the luxury of stockpiling lots of players for the future.

If we had sold Doucoure for £10mil i think we could have done it...

Seems a little odd how weve used the money, practical but odd.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.